On 08/06/2018 at 14:43, Nick Holliday said:

Within the topic on Eveleigh's etchings

Edwardian, on 30th April 2018 – 10:59, said:

The Brecon and Merthyr Railway

The final phase of purchases was post-war, a dealer in Trentham supplying 2 Midland four wheel brakes, 8 MR thirds and 3 MR composites, these being 6-wheeled, and 3 feet shorter than the ex-LSWR stock.

(Information from Barrie, The Brecon & Merthyr Railway Oakwood Press)

One of the ex Midland coaches has survived and is currently being restored at Cranmore

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

One of the ex Midland coaches has survived and is currently being restored at Cranmore

Interesting - how are they doing? I read that it has sort of accidentally ended up on an underframe of the type it originally had, which will make it a particularly satisfying restoration.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

Last time I saw it at Midsomer Norton the external bits of the body appeared pretty complete 

Being down in that part of the world they could finish it not as a Midland, B&M, or even GW carriage but as a S&DJR carriage - the Joint had a large number of thirds identical to the Midland design - and it would go very nicely with the restored 4-compartment first No. 4.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all. 

Could you recommend a supplier of bogies and roof ventilatiors for the worsley works great central and great eastern etched brass coaches please? Apart from seats and wheels, will I need anything else to complete the kits? 

Many thanks 

Nick