Printer Calibration

Hi Guys

I am a newbie to Templot and followed the intsructions for printing my 1st template and am a bit confused by the warning message that was printed on my 1st attempt.

It said that my printer (HP Envy 5424) had not been calibrated and that the template could be dimensionally incorrect.

I have not altered any of the printer settings from the default 100%. I have manually measured some of the key dimensions on the printout and they seem pretty accurate so how do I ensure that future templates are accurate?

Any help would be very much appreciated

regards 

Chris GH

• RMweb Gold

I am a newbie to Templot and followed the instructions for printing my 1st template and am a bit confused by the warning message that was printed on my 1st attempt.

It said that my printer (HP Envy 5424) had not been calibrated and that the template could be dimensionally incorrect.

Hi Chris,

If your templates are printing accurately you don't need to do anything. The easy way to check them is to measure the grid squares carefully.

Most printers are reasonably accurate across the width, but some can be out along the length, and it can vary with the type of paper.

Templot has a function to calibrate your printer to correct for any such discrepancies. Click the output > printer calibration > calibrate printer... menu item -- Templot will walk you through the process. You can then save the settings in a file for use next time (or make a note of them).

cheers,

Martin.

Hi Chris,

If your templates are printing accurately you don't need to do anything. The easy way to check them is to measure the grid squares carefully.

Most printers are reasonably accurate across the width, but some can be out along the length, and it can vary with the type of paper.

Templot has a function to calibrate your printer to correct for any such discrepancies. Click the output > printer calibration > calibrate printer... menu item -- Templot will walk you through the process. You can then save the settings in a file for use next time (or make a note of them).

cheers,

Martin.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply

Yes I checked the grid dimensions and they came out correct at 150 mm each way.

I also checked the track gauge and this came out at 9 mm (as expected)

so it looks like everything is ok but I will follow your advise and re-calibrate the printer just in case

regards 

Chris GH

Hi Chris,

cheers,

Martin.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply

Yes I checked the grid dimensions and they came out correct at 150 mm each way.

I also checked the track gauge and this came out at 9 mm (as expected)

so it looks like everything is ok but I will follow your advise and re-calibrate the printer just in case

regards 

Chris GH

Just did a calibration and everything sets ok

regerds

chris GH