Model Rail "Exciting Announcements" email broken

Harlequin

Almost as exciting as Hornbys announcement of an announcement ☺

Rest assured - THIS one won't be about 28 items that actually might have been exciting when Model Rail first introduced them back in the 'fifties ..........

Edited by Wickham Green

While the photos are broken, the text under each one reads

"Model Rail to make the Hawksworth ‘16XX’ 0-6-0PT

Delivery is expected mid-2019."

&

"Model Rail to make the Stroudley ‘E1’ 0-6-0T

Delivery is expected in early 2020"

Edit: added screen shot

post-29051-0-99844600-1529069950_thumb.jpg

Edited by GreenGiraffe22

• RMweb Gold

Yes, It's nothing new, just an email accompanying the July issue of Model Rail where they reveal the 16xx and the E1.

It's just a shame that they couldn't make sure their emails and their web site are not broken by missing images!

A bit like the other thread in this forum where they pre-announced the announcement but then didn't finish the job by actually announcing anything in that thread - it was left to third parties!

Come on, Model Rail! I like what you're doing but please be a bit more thorough in your online activities!

When I received the e-mail my excitement rose, however when I realised that a) there were no pictures and b) there was actually nothing new, my excitement level rapidly subsided.

Yes, It's nothing new, just an email accompanying the July issue of Model Rail where they reveal the 16xx and the E1.

It's just a shame that they couldn't make sure their emails and their web site are not broken by missing images!

A bit like the other thread in this forum where they pre-announced the announcement but then didn't finish the job by actually announcing anything in that thread - it was left to third parties!

Come on, Model Rail! I like what you're doing but please be a bit more thorough in your online activities!

There was one announcement of two new exclusive locomotives, the 16XX for 2019 and the LBSCR E1 for 2020. The pre-publicity on RMweb and Facebook was intended to draw attention to that announcement in the July issue of the magazine. There was never any intention to make the announcement on-line but in any event, the news was broken on RMweb by others, so there was no point in making an official announcement.The e-mail will have come from Bauer's marketing department and there is evidently a glitch with the photographs. The magazine has no official presence on RMweb because RMweb belongs to British Railway Modelling. Anything which appears on here, thorough or not, is down to me doing it when and if I have time, hence this response at 8.10pm on a Friday evening. (CJL)

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

There was one announcement of two new exclusive locomotives, the 16XX for 2019 and the LBSCR E1 for 2020. The pre-publicity on RMweb and Facebook was intended to draw attention to that announcement in the July issue of the magazine. There was never any intention to make the announcement on-line but in any event, the news was broken on RMweb by others, so there was no point in making an official announcement.The e-mail will have come from Bauer's marketing department and there is evidently a glitch with the photographs. The magazine has no official presence on RMweb because RMweb belongs to British Railway Modelling. Anything which appears on here, thorough or not, is down to me doing it when and if I have time, hence this response at 8.10pm on a Friday evening. (CJL)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding. I know it's difficult to be the semi-official presence of a bigger organisation. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it.

All the best,

Edited by Harlequin