BR Palbrick B diagram 1/024

• RMweb Premium

Just caught up with this thread. Looks very good.

Any indication of likely price?

Thanks.

The kit price has been £23.80  and etches only at £18.90 however I have just had to order another load of leaf springs from MJT and noticed that the price has virtually doubled from the last lot I bought so once this batch of kits has gone I will have to put the price up a bit to compensate. P&P is £3 for any number of kits.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

What were the freightliner runners?

There is one still sat in Basford hall yard, dumped on the ballast, I’ll grab some pics next time I’m down there

Didn’t there used to be a couple of them sat in Holyhead carriage sidings too up until the mid 2000s?

What were the freightliner runners?

There is one still sat in Basford hall yard, dumped on the ballast, I’ll grab some pics next time I’m down there

Didn’t there used to be a couple of them sat in Holyhead carriage sidings too up until the mid 2000s?

They are not runner wagon as in under runners,barriers or separators but purely coupling adaptor for the intermediate bar couplings allowing them to be moved individually on depots and main line!

Found the scan of one, showing the screw coupling now stowed above the sole bar!

Mark Saunders

post-3578-0-98691400-1531588094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Saunders

Another conversion of the Palbricks was with the doors removed and a wooden frame as a single Coil carrier COIL P. The frames were reused on one of the numerous Bogie Bolster E coil conversions, COIL P

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brcoilp

Paul

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/palbrick (which includes freightliner adaptors

There was also the conversion for Coil loaded Eye to Sky.

Mark Saunders

For some reason the photo is upside down and I can't change it!

post-3578-0-74447900-1531610663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Saunders
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They are very interesting photos Gareth, thanks for sharing the links. I looked at doing the Freighliner adapter version, but it is out of period for me and also it is very different from the kit point of view as on the conversions, the floor is missing, so all you can see is the framework.

From a kit point of view this effectively means starting a new set of drawings from scratch. Also most (but not all) of the conversions were from Palbrick C's, which have different brake gear and they also had 6 of the screw pushers for clamping the load. The one in the photo on the link above only has provision for 4 pushers so must be one of the Palbrick B's which were converted from the last batch of B's and as can be seen in the photo it has clasp brakes rather than the RCH Morton brakes which the earlier ones had, upon which the kit I have done is based.

Ian

• 1 year later...
On 18/07/2018 at 20:35, macgeordie said:

They are very interesting photos Gareth, thanks for sharing the links. I looked at doing the Freighliner adapter version, but it is out of period for me and also it is very different from the kit point of view as on the conversions, the floor is missing, so all you can see is the framework.

From a kit point of view this effectively means starting a new set of drawings from scratch. Also most (but not all) of the conversions were from Palbrick C's, which have different brake gear and they also had 6 of the screw pushers for clamping the load. The one in the photo on the link above only has provision for 4 pushers so must be one of the Palbrick B's which were converted from the last batch of B's and as can be seen in the photo it has clasp brakes rather than the RCH Morton brakes which the earlier ones had, upon which the kit I have done is based.

Ian

I see what you mean :S

Any compormises available like designing it with a floor in, builders can customise as they want then?

Thanks

Gareth

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I thought I would share the modifications I made to this excellent kit. I made the sides removable and the clamps operational so I could pose it being loaded. I also sprung the buffers as I find with the Dingham couplers I use it improves operation.

Does anyone have details of the palletized brick loads the wagons would carry. I had a look on line but did not see much.

Regards

Mark

20200119_105055.jpg

20200119_105105.jpg

20200119_105418.jpg

• Craftsmanship/clever 4

28 minutes ago, MarkNJ said:

Does anyone have details of the palletized brick loads the wagons would carry. I had a look on line but did not see much.

There you goes. (From Transport Age)PalWagMedfit-004-Edit.jpg.694eeb5f2ac34bd5f930f62388fbc417.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6