O gauge

I sadly couldn't draw much up, but suffice to say, I will be having a 1-track entrance while a kickback houses a restoration shed with a Kirk kit in it, with only some wheels... The main station will be two 'voies' with no run round, requiring a loco to be stationed in the coach works siding, releasing any trapped loco, shunting back into the tunnel (This is a Prototype for Everything, as NVR visitors will testify to.). The train then pushes back in, this time into the other platform. Of course, the train can disappear into the tunnel not to return for a while... I should think that a goods yard would be beneficial, with two roads. The signal box will be a 'teaching box' for visitors.

I would like to suggest that light railways were not nationalised and axed, but operated by the remnants of the Big Four (The London and North Eastern Branch Railways Company anyone- LNEBR?) but BR still had a grip over them, so when funding ceased, they sold all their assets to preservationists and the staff retired in comfort.

So coming up to now, the network of branches from 'Kelton' and 'Woodbridge' are run by 'Itton Valley Railways'. IVR has its own way of working, explained later. I will explain in due course.

• 5 months later...

Hi, does anyone have any bright ideas for cramming O gauge into 12ft by 2?

I built an O scale layout that is 16 inches wide and 12 feet long. If you check my profile it is a post I made back in February titled “New Layout”

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Well, at least modellers are not in the habit of suing their fellow hobbyists for IP rights...

How long is your scenic section?

oops, sorry missed this post, the main scenic section is 8ft (2 4ft boards) then the engine shed board is about 3ft so it fits in the boot of my car ....

Personally I'm quite surprised that this idea of modelling a modern Freelance Company hasn't taken off - in any scale - in the UK, especially as the real railway has been privatised for some time, now. The idea is much more popular with American outline modelling.

There quite a few freelanced layouts in the states .Some well know. After working with a prototype railroad I went to a freelanced shortline layout. While there is a basis for its existence it’s just something I made up but it it also loosely based on a prototype shortline in the Midwest.

• Like 1