Barry & Penarth MRC 40th Anniversary Exhibition

Crocodile414

Evening All,

Barry & Penarth MRC will be hosting their 40th anniversary exhibition on Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th July at St Cyres School in Penarth. 

ST Cyres School, Sully Road, Penarth, CF64 2XP.

Details are as follows:

Saturday - 10:00 - 4:30

Sunday -   10:00 - 4:00

Adults £5

Children (under 14) £3

Free car parking 

Full disabled access

Vintage bus shuttle from Cogan Station on both days. 

Layouts:

Severn ash 2.0
Streatwell green
Toms wharf
Crossley scrap
Talbot lane TMD
Much snoring
Cuckoo lane
Burrard inlet
Knotts landing
City sidings
Kingsfield
Bicsdale
Wylam park
Cwm pen ol

Trevanna Dries
Plus 1 as yet unnamed layout

Traders:

Squires tools
Lord & butler
P&D Marsh
Kytes lights
GLR railways
Dragon models
PG models
Reflective images
MIB models
John Langley
Dragon badger

Plus Daughters

Societies:

Gauge O Guild

MERG

Tally-Lyn Railway

contact us on bpmrc@outlook.com if you have any queries - we look forward to seeing you there!

B&P 40th Anniversary Exhibition Poster.pdf

Edited by Crocodile414
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say after a very hot sweaty day exhibiting BURRARD INLET the first day and after extensive advertising and promotion by the Barry Club and supporting traders in providing this anniversary exhibition,the public support from outside the area has been pretty poor.

So brave the heat wave and venture to St Cyres school Penarth to see a collection of impressive model Railway layouts on Sunday ...

Hope to see you there...support your local model Railway clubs.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I visited this show today - and thoroughly enjoyed it - well worth the trek from Cwmbran on service buses.

As expected, there was a good mix of good layouts / modelling and interesting trade. I also liked the Bristol MW coach which provided today's station shuttles.

I intend to attend this show in future years (assuming the show runs on Saturdays, when I can get buses from Cwmbran to Cardiff).

Huw.

• Like 1

I have to say after a very hot sweaty day exhibiting BURRARD INLET the first day and after extensive advertising and promotion by the Barry Club and supporting traders in providing this anniversary exhibition,the public support from outside the area has been pretty poor.

So brave the heat wave and venture to St Cyres school Penarth to see a collection of impressive model Railway layouts on Sunday ...

Hope to see you there...support your local model Railway clubs.

Well said Brian. I managed to book a short break to Cornwall which accounts for my absence, otherwise I would have been there. Hope you have some help with the layout.

Well the layout has been put away and I've just been fed and watered.

It was a good show with lots of great modelling to be seen but it was noticeable that the turnout of people was a little quiet in the afternoons, however I guess we could probably blame the nice weather for part of it with people preferring to have a little weekend break.

Having said that it was a great venue and I would happily exhibit there again.

Thanks must go to the Barry and Penarth club for the invite, my assistant operator, my partner for baking some excellent brownies to keep us going and an extra big thanks to the dinner ladies of the school who came in to feed us on what would be they're usual weekend off.

Nice to catch up with usual faces and also to meet some new ones.

I'll post up some photos later.

Cheers

Wayne

• Like 1

I would just like to say a big "Thank you" to all of the exhibitors and traders that came to our 40th Anniversary Show.

What can I say?! The venue, the traders and the exhibits were fantastic and I also want to say a big "Thank you" to our members who put so much effort in for making our first ever Big Show great.

Last but not least, I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking Dan Wylam who pretty much single handedly organized the show.

A great weekend, and I really hope we get to do it all again in the future!

Tim

Chairman, Barry & Penarth MRC.

I would just like to say a big "Thank you" to all of the exhibitors and traders that came to our 40th Anniversary Show.

What can I say?! The venue, the traders and the exhibits were fantastic and I also want to say a big "Thank you" to our members who put so much effort in for making our first ever Big Show great.

Last but not least, I'm sure you'll all join me in thanking Dan Wylam who pretty much single handedly organized the show.

Tim

Hear hear ,the Barry club did us proud,the venue is excellent,and we were made very welcome ,I’m still wondering when my sound layout had a short circuit and went “dead” every one in the room cheered we had a good bit of banter.

Thanks for inviting BURRARD INLET

Brian,

You're welcome anytime!

I have to say that my kid sister (who is taller and better looking than I am) was very impressed with the show and especially the "Canadian layout" which reminded her of her time in Vancouver.

Cheers,

BM

Tim

Couldn't agree more I think it's a great venue for a show. As Brian said we were all made to feel welcome despite not being involved with the club. The dinner ladies did a fantastic job in feeding us so hats off to them!

I was pleased to be able to set up Trevanna Dries in a revised location because the original space was shall we say... A bit tight!

A big thanks for the invite!!

Cheers

Wayne

Another big thank you to the Barry and Penarth organisers and club members for a very enjoyable exhibition. And another thanks to the dinner ladies!!

And not least thanks to my fellow operator Nick for his help on Streatwell Green, in between his car park duties.

Layout all unloaded and put away last night, the M4 and M5 were ok, unlike the Friday afternoon!!!

A bit later than planned but here's a few quickly grabbed shots from the show. I didn't manage to get all the layouts but then I did have one of my own to look after.

First up is Seven Ash which has shades of Old Oak Common about it, a nice layout.

post-6773-0-16168700-1532194251.jpg

Next is Crossley Scrap, a small layout take on the rail served scrap yard at Shipley in Yorkshire. Some excellent detail on this one!

post-6773-0-99679400-1532194221.jpg

This is Talbot Lane, I didn't get much time to look at this one unfortunately.

post-6773-0-25166700-1532194270.jpg

Here's a quick shot of our own Paul Rolley demonstrating the building of O gauge wagons. Peter Lord took much enjoyment in telling him that SSA scrap wagons are being announced in rtr form. While that may be true I'm sure that particular type of SSA won't be done as they're a production batch based on an original prototype.

post-6773-0-59358400-1532194282.jpg

And finally my layout Trevanna Dries which shows a quick shot of a passing china clay train in the hands of one of St Blazey's newly converted 37/5 locos and some 30+ year old 'clay hood' wagons.

post-6773-0-81604800-1532194205.jpg

Cheers

Wayne

• Like 3