Ledsam street yard. In 00 gauge? ( Please move if it's in the wrong section)

Yes, that was taken at the St Albans exhibition a few years ago and posted without my knowledge.  The sheep have been reallocated to Scole and are doing well!!!!!!

REgards,

Colin

Found this short YouTube video of Ffodos Treacle Works, Jerry &Colin

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Colin,

Just found this thread! I have been a huge fan of your layouts over the years. Your minimum space masterpieces have been an inspiration to space starved modellers such as myself. I love Ledsam St yard and the tiny Foxbile Brewery :)

Interesting to hear of your new project. I for one will be fascinated to hear and see more. 'Three Holes'.... a Wisbech and Upwell connection by any chance?

Great to see you posting here. Keep up the good work and thanks once again for all the inspiration over the years :)

David

• 1 year later...

Love Ledsam Street, my type of micro.  Will have a go at an OO version in about 34 x 10” over the Christmas period. Not sure about the 26 x 9” dimensions quoted in the second post above for OO as that seems very tight; maybe that excluded the sector plate.  Imitation is the best form ...... as they say.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, noctilux2 said:

Can anyone reconfirm the baseboard size, including sector plate, to get Ledsam Street down to OO gauge please ?

you would get a good approximation if you divide the original measurements by 7 then multiply by 4 as you are converting 7mm to 4mm - N to OO is easier as you just double or halve it ;) 

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for the advice on cutting down O gauge to OO.  Will now have a go at a Ledsam Street clone in OO with the title “Kidmore End Yard”.  Have already started on the buildings, have a few bits in the spares box & will continue under a new thread per the latter title.  Intend to make the scenic slightly larger however with an overall baseboard size of 34 x 10” rather than a straight 26 x 9” cutdown which the cutdown suggests.

• Like 1