Johnty,s Yard

Guest ShildonShunter

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi I'm planning a micro layout in oo gauge called Johnty,s Yard the layout is 2ft 4inches in length and 1ft wide. The layout will be steam theme using an Electrotren Taff Vale Railway 0-6-0 Steam Loco. The fiddle yard will be enough to hold one loco and two wagons. The layout will have one Y point with two goods sidings various building a bridge and landscaping. I have uploaded a picture of my baseboard and steam loco I will be using. I will be taking my time with this layout as it will be my permanent layout to play with.:)

post-34430-0-26113700-1529319140_thumb.jpgpost-34430-0-80245100-1529319153_thumb.jpg

Edited by ShildonShunter
  • Like 4

Guest ShildonShunter

Like the sound of this. That's a nice engine you got there. Ive nearly bought one a few times but I'm too weak towards the early br diesel. ;) May i ask how's the small diesel depot layout (with the class 73) is going - I've not seen the layout on here in a while and it looked very promising.

Hi Luke first of all thanks for the comments and interest and secondly I scrapped the diesel depot layout as I sold the class 73 on and wanted to concentrate on small steam shunters and plan a micro layout around the steam theme. This layout will be a working progress as I want it right first time.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, good start so far.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry for the comments and for letting me use one of your layout designs.:)

I bought a similar loco (is it HO ??) some time ago. After running in on a dc rolling road, I brought it up to full speed briefly .... and it burnt out ! I seem to remember there was a replacement pcb available, mine remains a static model with real coal, crew and some weathering, probably any guarantee now invalid.

Guest ShildonShunter

I bought a similar loco (is it HO ??) some time ago. After running in on a dc rolling road, I brought it up to full speed briefly .... and it burnt out ! I seem to remember there was a replacement pcb available, mine remains a static model with real coal, crew and some weathering, probably any guarantee now invalid.

Hi Mike I bought the loco from another forum and it's only ever been used for slow shouting so hopefully I don't have any issues as the layout I'm building will be for goods shunting.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi Kevin,

You've made a good job of that baseboard looks really professional. I like that loco too :-)

Cheers

Hi Jim thanks for the comments I like to make a descent baseboard as it's important to have a nice stable base. The loco will be ideal for the layout i am building.:)

Guest ShildonShunter

Hi just some small bits of progress,started to glue the wood in place for a walled embankment area which will be fitted with brick card once embankment structure has been laid with paper mache and a thin coat of filla applied. This will be slow to start with as I'm waiting to order bits on pay day. Pictures of progress.:)

post-34430-0-11397500-1529690197_thumb.jpgpost-34430-0-67802900-1529690218_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ShildonShunter

Great carpentry as usual Kevin, looking forward to more.

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry for your nice comments it's going to be slow but it will be worth it.:)

Looks like we won’t see any more progress. Sorry to see that Shildon has left us, although it suggests he has been removed. I believe there was some issue a few weeks back which Andy.y referred to on another thread. I don’t know the details so won’t comment on that.