Railway Conductor, Northamptonshire

cobbler

Called into this wonderful Aladdin’s Cave on way home from work, a really lovely little Model Shop, packed with stuff, very competitive prices and very friendly staff

Large range of stock from O to N gauge, RTR, second Hand, tools, glues, paint, scenery bits, plastic kits, die cast vehicles, detailing bits etc, massive selection of stock and bits and bobs.

Richard

Railway Conductor

Unit 2, The Old Dairy Craft Centre, Upper Stowe, near Weedon off the A5, Northamptonshire NN7 4SH

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Saw a sign for the craft centre while on a drive out in the sunshine, mainly because I thought SWMBO would like it, so imagine my  surprise to a) find a model railway shop and b) for it to be so well stocked!

Not just railways, but plastic kits, and a smidge of slot cars too.

Treated myself to a new Electrotren 'Ajax' for just over £50, and a Classix Triumph Herald reduced to £3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Coincidentally. I called in, unplanned, yesterday and I was very impressed with the amount of stock held, particularly on the Woodland Scenics side. It's not quite where it says it is on Google maps, it's a few hundred yards further west. Prices were good and free parking on site.

• 1 year later...

Just got back from here with a few purchases.  Huge range of items, from scenic bits to rolling stock.  Prices are the same as on their website; they're marked up in the shop at RRP, but they do a discount at the till.  Mine were Bachmann, so 15% came off.

Out in the middle of the countryside too if you want a peaceful day out, plus was met by a very friendly cat on arrival!

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Stumbled across them online as they had one of the last Scenecraft S&Dsignal boxes. Still at a very good price, very quick delivery, pleasure to deal with on the phone and website is very good compared to some more well known concerns. Definitely on my list of places to search for. 

Edited by slow8dirty
Thumbs

20 minutes ago, Tomathee said:

Visited in the flesh a few weeks ago after ordering a few things online from them during lockdown. 4th? model shop in this fine county. Good selection and prices, and they're looking to expand into the next unit to, so positive all round!

Hello Tomathee. I've been a bit 'out of it' so not up to date. The only other one I know for certain is Modelshop-Northants on the Wellinborough Road, Northampton and also some vague memory of a place in Brackley.

Clearly I've missed one or more somewhere. Could you please enlighten me? Ta.

On 21/10/2020 at 23:46, Derekstuart said:

Hello Tomathee. I've been a bit 'out of it' so not up to date. The only other one I know for certain is Modelshop-Northants on the Wellinborough Road, Northampton and also some vague memory of a place in Brackley.

Hi Derek, there's also Wellingborough Trains & Models in Market Street and Osborne's on Rushden High St. The one in Northampton is still there and very good, will have to check out the Brackley one if it's still around. If you want a bit of a further trip then Trains4u in Peterborough is fantastic for browsing with all the extra space they have to display stock and a lot of pre owned to sift through. I think Tony's trains in/near Rugby will be my next closest place to have a look at.

On 21/10/2020 at 23:46, Derekstuart said:

A&H Models are in Brackley.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...