Gort Station

NoelG

32 minutes ago, jhb171achil said:

Perfect - which font?

These are the two gaelic fonts I managed to install on my mac. No 1 is the one I've used on the sign board.

1. IrishUncialfabeta-Bold
  2. MeathFLF
  • Informative/Useful 1

Might need a few tulips or roses to brighten these bedding plants up a little or a touch of blue. Just some filing left to do. These will make platform beds.

IMG_9840.jpg

The more I continue with this very enjoyable project and the more I look at photos the more I see what has yet to be done and the list becomes like ever expanding foam to infinity. :) 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, NoelG said:

Might need a few tulips or roses to brighten these bedding plants up a little or a touch of blue. Just some filing left to do. These will make platform beds.

IMG_9840.jpg

The more I continue with this very enjoyable project and the more I look at photos the more I see what has yet to be done and the list becomes like ever expanding foam to infinity. :) 

These look superb Noel!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Some more progress on Gort.

IMG_9864.jpg

Its beginning to come together at last.

IMG_9855.jpg

Looking forward to shunting this layout circa 1967

IMG_9868.jpg

Gort goods yard was very busy. The town was a hub for building supplies, agri produce, farm supplies and a market town

IMG_9858.jpg

I'm content that the place has a look of Gort railway station about it

IMG_9861.jpg

• Like 5

So enjoying this journey of learning, discovery, and fun.

IMG_9886.jpg

And . . . thanks to my wonderful dad who left this life 40 years ago for running his trains on the floor under my cot as an infant and giving me this wonderful train set bug for life.  So glad he never lost his inner big child. I still have much of his Hornby Dublo stock in the attic.

IMG_9887.jpg

Lots more yet to be done, but sure that's the fun part of it, endless landscaping and scenics that never end like gardening.

IMG_9895.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

Gort activity. 14:15 Limerick to Westport working waiting in the loop for the Athenry to Ennis Goods trains to pass.

IMG_9912.jpg

Yard crane should be installed tomorrow. The cattle escaped and the signal man and two shunters are running across the fields trying to chase them back to the yard. The driver and guard in the cab of B188 are laughing their asses off at the men chasing the cattle in the adjacent fields.

IMG_9920.jpg

Limerick to Westport via Athenry and Claremorris waits for the starter signal (not yet built), so could be a while.

IMG_9913.jpg

The cattle dock will get much use from Provincial Wagons cattle wagons once I put the gates on it. And to save the signalman's legs. :) 

IMG_9911.jpg

Late evening the moody CIE Laminate with its pronounced tumblehome waits in the loop for traffic.

IMG_9917.jpg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Ah one of these? Silverfox do them RTR.

IMG_9932_HLV6wheel.jpg

That's better!

Irish modelling has come a long way since I attempted it 20 years ago.

That model does need some tanks fitting to the underframe though - a very distinctive feature of the design.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mol_PMB said:

That's better!

Irish modelling has come a long way since I attempted it 20 years ago.

That model does need some tanks fitting to the underframe though - a very distinctive feature of the design.

IMG_9931_HLVmod.jpg

• Like 3

Revised train formation as its march and heating needed. A single laminate coach with a HLV up front and tailed by a 6 wheeled HLV. The leading HLV being repositioned to Sligo via Claremorris.

IMG_9955.jpg

I just love this CIE golden era that I remember so well. Often branch trains had just a single coach and a heating van. Nowadays just boring plastic yo-yo DMU/ICRs, no locos, no run arounds, no shunting, so marshalling stock, few station points needed, no buffering up for coupling, etc. Progress and more efficient but dull as ditch water to model and operate.

IMG_9928.jpg

B188 awaits the starter signal at Gort bound for Claremorris via Athenry and Tuam.

IMG_9956.jpg

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

The Cattle dock now has a proper pen with gates, cattle, dung and some weeds

IMG_9997.jpg

Cattle waiting to be loaded on provincial wagons van bound for Tuam on the afternoon pick up goods train.

IMG_0001.jpg

Provincial wagons cattle wagon will be shunted around to this side of the dock later.

IMG_9996.jpg

Cattle about to be loaded

IMG_9998.jpg

Edited by NoelG
  • Like 4