Orange cables

Hello all and apologies if this has been covered in a previous topic but after having searched I couldn't find it, my question is this, based in an oo gauge layout what do people use for the orange cabling which comes out of the trunking and goes underneatg the railway tracks, is it simply orange wire? If so what size wire? Or is there another alternative, thanks in advance

Huw

Hi

I believe a supplier called Ten Commandments used to provide orange cable with their trunking kit but I understand this is no longer available (it's what I used on my last layout).

How about using some 7/0.2mm orange covered wire?

Hi,

As others have said it is an orange pipe, although it is now banned from being installed as new (all cables should either run in a UTX or hollow sleeper). It has been discovered that the orange piping has magical properties as when it is in place it has a fantastic invisible attraction to tamping machines which instantly turn up, tamp it and squash it ! :punish:

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

As others have said it is an orange pipe, although it is now banned from being installed as new (all cables should either run in a UTX or hollow sleeper). It has been discovered that the orange piping has magical properties as when it is in place it has a fantastic invisible attraction to tamping machines which instantly turn up, tamp it and squash it ! :punish:

Simon

We decided after about a year of using it rather than cleating cables to the tops of sleepers that it was made in orange to give the tamper drivers had a better chance of lining up to hit it. The really expert ones could still hit it even when we attached it to the foot of the rail exactly mid-way between sleepers.