Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Peter Bartlett

Mike 84C

For those of you who remember Finisters of Coventry model shop that was on Humber road, Peter the guy who was always in the shop, never knew if he managed it or was the owner?  He had lived in North Wales for a long time ,had suffered with very poor health and gave up the struggle last week. I shall miss him, rest in peace.

• 1 month later...

For those of you who remember Finisters of Coventry model shop that was on Humber road, Peter the guy who was always in the shop, never knew if he managed it or was the owner?  He had lived in North Wales for a long time ,had suffered with very poor health and gave up the struggle last week. I shall miss him, rest in peace.

Thanks "Mike84C" for those kind words./

Peter was my father and I am trying to get round the fruits of his 83 years of railway hobby and business.  I intend to post some kind of blog or page with Andy "Y"s permission, basically to outline some of my dad's varied projects.  I have a cardboard box with 23 unpainted Hornby Brake Third body mouldlings. Another box has some Hornby Gresley bodyshells where he has clearly cut the sides out and seems to have glues in an alternate bodyside moulding.

Although much of his early work was sheet metal and whitemetal castings, more recently he seemed to dabble with plastic bodies.  One of these was the use of Tyrozet containers for adding boiler mass under earlier plastic bodies. For the younger people Tyrozets are pink tablets for a sore throat and work in a similar but less harsh manner to Victory Vs. The plastic tubes are a translucent orange colour and pieces have played a part in plastic body enhancement.

Once again Mike 84C - your words are appreciated and I welcome any correspondence via PM.