Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

8 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Does anyone have any photos of Bramford substation before the changes have been made (eg pre Sizewell B) or any maps as I am quite interested to see how it looked before?

I have a few general maps of the UK supergrid lines in 1960 and 1968, if u want them let me know!!

Kind regards, Felix

Edited by L2's are great!

1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

Found this at Pelham, Is this an L6 Balfour beatty D20EC?

Untitled.png

Yep thats a Balfour Beatty D20EC

1 hour ago, L2's are great! said:

I have a few general maps of the UK supergrid lines in 1960 and 1968, if u want them let me know!!

Kind regards, Felix

If I could see them that would be lovely thanks! And yes it is Bullen Lane substation.

All the best, Matthew

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Has anyone seen an L7 D90 tower??, I do have plans but I cant find any in real life.

IIRC there is an L7 D90 just north of Bolton. I did take some photos of it some years ago from a rather muddy footpath lol. In fact I lie there are two very close to each other. Have a look for Britannia Way, Bolton and Hall i' th' Wood railway station and you will find them. Note also the PL1b ST tower too next to the station.

Cheers Paul

• Like 1

On 20/12/2019 at 18:46, pharrc20 said:

IIRC there is an L7 D90 just north of Bolton. I did take some photos of it some years ago from a rather muddy footpath lol. In fact I lie there are two very close to each other. Have a look for Britannia Way, Bolton and Hall i' th' Wood railway station and you will find them. Note also the PL1b ST tower too next to the station.

Cheers Paul

Ahh thank you, I did find them, strange how there are 2 very close together tho

Best wishes Felix

• Like 1

On 21/12/2019 at 08:07, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I do believe this is one. It is next to the M23 at Crawley

70C6C62D-A021-476A-B4EA-23E8D3C3CC30.jpeg

Funny how I've gone past that area a lot but never noticed it! Strange how it links up to an L4m DT! Rarely see L4s and L7s together

Best wishes Felix

Anyone know what L6's these are??

Seen them between Grain and Kingsnorth, in Heysham and between Indian Queens and Taunton.

It seems that the 'D', 'D60', 'DT' and 'SF60' are similar to the BICC L6 towers

and the 'D30', 'D90', 'DJT' and 'ST' are similar to the JL EVE L6 towers

Best wishes Felix

96887B44-1F97-448C-AE16-728CC18BFA61.jpeg.03fb003bde104d97934f2b28dcdbcf1e.jpg

14 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Funny how I've gone past that area a lot but never noticed it! Strange how it links up to an L4m DT! Rarely see L4s and L7s together

Best wishes Felix

That links up with an L4 because that has only been there for 2 years. The L7s themselves link up to PL16s which were diverted when the M23 was built (which created the L7s). Then the L4 came and separated the line for housing development. The original pylon in its place was an L7 D60.

all the best, Matthew 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, L2's are great! said:

Anyone know what L6's these are??

Seen them between Grain and Kingsnorth, in Heysham and between Indian Queens and Taunton.

It seems that the 'D', 'D60', 'DT' and 'SF60' are similar to the BICC L6 towers

and the 'D30', 'D90', 'DJT' and 'ST' are similar to the JL EVE L6 towers

Best wishes Felix

96887B44-1F97-448C-AE16-728CC18BFA61.jpeg.03fb003bde104d97934f2b28dcdbcf1e.jpg

I believe they are just a mix and match of different L6s (probably the only ones available

at the time).

all the best, Matthew 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

That links up with an L4 because that has only been there for 2 years. The L7s themselves link up to PL16s which were diverted when the M23 was built (which created the L7s). Then the L4 came and separated the line for housing development. The original pylon in its place was an L7 D60.

all the best, Matthew 

Ahh that makes more sense!

Best wishes, Felix

32 minutes ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

I believe they are just a mix and match of different L6s (probably the only ones available

at the time).

all the best, Matthew 

I'm guessing they were the last L6's to be built, shame how you can't categorise them like the others. Stick to (Mix n match) for now

Best wishes, Felix

2 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

at the time).

all the best, Matthew 

This is an “introduction” page from National Grid Pylon Data booklet/file to help illustrate variations in general design. The file has more detailed information about each design/company and category.

All the best,

Paul.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pylon King said:

This is an “introduction” page from National Grid Pylon Data booklet/file to help illustrate variations in general design. The file has more detailed information about each design/company and category.

All the best,

Paul.

Is this data booklet/file available to view?

2 hours ago, Pylon King said:

All the best,

Paul.

Ah ok thanks I stand corrected. So why were lines built with both the BICC and ERE variants?

all the best, Matthew 

• Like 1

I'm heading to the Romney/Dungeness area next week to grab some photos of the Canterbury-Dungeness and Ninfield/Bolney-Dungeness lines, predominantly the BICC L6's so if you would like me to DM you my photos, then let me know.

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas, Felix

Hello guys, some photos from me today. I was passing through the area of Wivelsfield and found a great spot to photograph the L6 BICC Bolney-Ninfield section which I believe was constructed between 1963-65.

I have more photos from today so if you would like them, please let me know!

Best Wishes, Felix

DSC_0359_(2).jpg

DSC_0365_(2).jpg

DSC_0368_(2).jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

Great to see some other pylon enthusiasts!

Need to get back out snapping some, here's a canvas I made of a D60 tower on the route out of Macclesfield 

15776129945048841769190156350618.jpg

Fantastic photo, although I believe that's a D30, as D60's have uneven crossarms.

Best Wishes, Felix