Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Pylons .

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2020 at 20:13, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

Something odd: JL EVE L6DTs all in arrangement for a substation which doesn’t exist

AB17E5E8-ACBC-4A6B-9871-960D5073B260.png

Interesting, similar arrangement to the L6 line in Caldicot where there are 3 of those JL EVE DT towers all in a row.

14 hours ago, LMS_LNER_SR_GWR_fan2004 said:

These are the same ones! It is really strange though

Ahh, I've only just noticed the prince of wales bridge and yeah it is very strange, the line switches between BICC, Balfour beatty and jl eve

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Finifin06 said:

What sort of power line are these?

ive heard other people on this thread refer to them as polons instead of pylons 

I am familiar with lattice tower designs and classification but I’m not sure what type these are?

083C3C00-2964-471B-9835-6B163E638F6A.jpeg

Yes they seem to be called polons in some places but pole lines is the same thing. Generally they can be anything up to 66kV but mostly 11kV and 33kV. Some of the larger pole designs especially those with twin poles can be 132kV along with the more recent 'Trident' design -see earlier in thread for drawings of these.

Cheers Paul 

3 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Yes they seem to be called polons in some places but pole lines is the same thing. Generally they can be anything up to 66kV but mostly 11kV and 33kV. Some of the larger pole designs especially those with twin poles can be 132kV along with the more recent 'Trident' design -see earlier in thread for drawings of these.

Cheers Paul 

Thanks for responding 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2020 at 22:40, Finifin06 said:

Does anyone have any pictures of the L66

not sure if it’s a typo but on the gorge there is a pylon called the L66, says it uses 275kv

Yes I have a few they are almost similar to the L2 but look a bit more stumpy especially the D suspension towers where the insulators are hung vertically. I have some photos I took on a very wet rainy day of the ones to the west of York on the remains of the original XC 275kV line.

Cheers Paul