• 6 months later...

Some more Caley association kits arrived yesterday - the rerun of the cattle wagon, and the new pre-diagram (i.e. pre-Drummond I think?) wagon. Painting began today.  Just one of each kit, the sides of the cattle wagon are very fragile.  Have some Dapol chassis on the way too, so might build another cattle wagon on one of them from plastic strip

IMG_20200517_133803058.jpg

• Like 5

On 17/05/2020 at 17:16, Ben Alder said:

Look interesting, what are they made of?

What @Buhar said, there's a few of the other kits which have been done by the association previously on pg.1 - it was the diagram 22 which first got my attention at Perth a few years ago. 

Well the Dapol 9' wheelbase chassis arrived today, so began making parts for a second cattle wagon to go on one chassis, and cut the ends for a North British brake van. 

Cattle wagon ends made, just to finish off this side then make the other side; I intend on fitting some internal framing to this for some extra strength

IMG_20200518_222857931~2.jpg

• Like 3

A little progress over the last few days - the cattle wagon kit assembly started, as the scratch built copy is ready to have its sides fitted.  Also started work on a North British 4 wheel brake van - nothing exact, but based on the image on the wagon page of the North British Study Group website and images of other NB brake vans. Meanwhile parts for a Caley 6 wheeled one are gathering.....:diablo_mini:

IMG_20200522_172752413.jpg

IMG_20200522_172838899.jpg

• Like 5

A bit more work done over the last few days - one side of the North British van fixed to the ends and inside partition, lots of scraps used as internal framing for this. The other side is actually in place now as well. Side duckets will get drawn out and cut over the next few days, and then it will be looking a bit more like a brake van. Still brake blocks & running boards to fit to the chassis as well. The clone cattle wagon can be seen in the background with one side on, this also has both sides fitted in place, ready for additional framing to be fitted for strength (it's a bit fragile without)

IMG_20200524_171055452.jpg

• Like 5