class 50

mervyn

Perhaps another crowdfunded project could be started at some point  for all the disappointed people (myself included) who were let down by this whole fiasco  :scratchhead: :(

In addition to the previously mentioned issue of finding anyone wanting to go near this as a project, why would crowd funding work?

80%+ of the market won't care about any issue with the Heljan model, and O is far too small a market to support 2 large locos that in essence for many will either sit in a box or shelf given the size issues.

If I was the company owner having to pick up the pieces after this shambles, I certainly wouldn't consider jumping into another potential mess.

Not a problem without Mr X's involvement I would have thought

In addition to the previously mentioned issue of finding anyone wanting to go near this as a project, why would crowd funding work?

80%+ of the market won't care about any issue with the Heljan model, and O is far too small a market to support 2 large locos that in essence for many will either sit in a box or shelf given the size issues.

If you read what I said then you will see I never mentioned another 50, just another project being made available .

ah, there is a 73 available as a kit, but not exactly accurate (or as accurate as i would consider acceptable)

I was not meaning the PRMRP Kit. Although I have seen a couple of these at the O Gauge Guild and they looked ok... but what do I know...I’m no expert.

Hello Steve.

Hope you're ok mate, and I've just read the posting...all I can say is, you're reputation and that of LLC is, in my opinion, completely intact.

I have to doff my cap to you, for continuing to persevere, amid this unfortunate episode, but remember this, there will always be those who "Muddy the waters" in life....and business, however, there are those of us who appreciate what you do to bring us great O gauge models...I still want one of you're Class 15's!!!!

Also, there are those of us who have the thinking "Use it or lose it" JLTRT as a case in point...but there's been a FB posting by MM1 models who are reintroducing the range.....but will MM1 and Heljan produce the loco's LLC are producing???? Probably not Steve.

I could be wrong, but I think there is plenty of room in the market for LLC, MM1, and Heljan, as there are plenty of models not yet covered in RTR.

So, keep up the good work mate.

If you're free at the weekend Steve, give me a call mate.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Disclaimer: im not an O gauge modeller, although I’d like to be one day, and I like class 50s, so I followed both projects, before the announcement I’d never heard of LLC.

I’m never a fan of companies over sharing on social media - for me the project got cancelled, which was a shame for those who were backing it, but one of those things. The posts I’ve seen (including the lengthy ‘explanation’) are far too emotive, and that does far more damage to the reputation of a company than just having cancelled a model, which is entirely understandable given the competition for a very small market.

I’d delete everything on this thread since that post frankly, true or not, mud slinging in public never looks good.

SLJR models. Just to clarify all of the bad mouthing and damn right rudeness you put out publicly towards Heljan on their announcement on their own thread after publicly claiming to be a main part of the LLC class 50 wasn't damaging? I bet to differ. Most of us following the saga watched your foul mouthed tirades unfold and it was a disgrace. No wonder you were dropped. What has your past life got to do with starting production of a model? That to me just seems like a get out "give sympathy vote". The dealings I've had with you certainly show you in a less than kind light and to say your not a nasty person is laughable when all you do is bully and get on the offensive when your view isn't jumped too.

Admit it. You tried taking LLC for a ride. You were lazy about it and even managed to get them excluded from certain preservation groups through your bully like attitude. You have NONE but YOURSELF to blame for your own down fall. Sadly now you've left a wreck of mess and big holes in communications in Steve S networks. All just to better your own position in the modelling world.

Grow up. Accept you messed up.