Pecketts Wharf.

sb67

Dave - Not sure if it will make an appearance at Shenfield. The Airfix crane is a good idea, something I didn't think of. 

I've been hut building, I wanted a small whitewashed building, took me ages to build the roof but after good advice, and a few disasters manged to buid it. Need to fit the windows and tidy it up a bit, add guttering and weather it.

Think I over did the seagull poo though! 

post-24-0-17371800-1542227727_thumb.png

Steve.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Dave - Not sure if it will make an appearance at Shenfield. The Airfix crane is a good idea, something I didn't think of. 

I've been hut building, I wanted a small whitewashed building, took me ages to build the roof but after good advice, and a few disasters manged to buid it. Need to fit the windows and tidy it up a bit, add guttering and weather it.

Think I over did the seagull poo though! 

attachicon.gifHut.png

Steve.

Frankly it’s virtually impossible to overdo seagull poo, years ago when I was living in Portsmouth a seagull dropped a huge one on my head when I was just outside my mum and dad’s house. Not the sort of experience you forget and is fresh in my mind 40 years later , and that is the only part of the recollection that was fresh .......

post-24-0-10628400-1542572930_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-42611700-1542572895_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-28179100-1542572908_thumb.jpg

Finished my hut and worked out I can get an 08 and 3 air braked wagons in the fiddle yard so had  bit of a play with some different stock. It's surprising how taking a photo shows up any flaws in models, I realise I've a bit still to do on the hut.

Steve.

Edited by sb67
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif46423681_1615562735256297_1950635521478754304_n.jpg

attachicon.gif46435980_2167228500196679_8275975776902316032_n.jpg

attachicon.gif46480180_1833437120117142_2023197726929321984_n.jpg

Finished my hut and worked out I can get an 08 and 3 air braked wagons in the fiddle yard so had  bit of a play with some different stock. It's surprising how taking a photo shows up any flaws in models, I realise I've a bit still to do on the hut.

Steve.

Very nice!.......looks great

• 3 weeks later...

post-24-0-93720800-1544074875_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-96919400-1544074891_thumb.jpg

Finished the area around the hut and had a play with some stock yesterday evening. I think I need to weather the ground a bit more but I dont want to over do it. I've also got to find a buffer stop and fill the space behind the end of the siding.

Steve.

• Like 12

I've given that a like but I really now think that there should be a wow button! (Mr Y if you're reading this)

That looks amazing, the hut is weathered to perfection and the wasteland looks so natural, it's not overdone or too tidy!

I've given that a like but I really now think that there should be a wow button! (Mr Y if you're reading this)

That looks amazing, the hut is weathered to perfection and the wasteland looks so natural, it's not overdone or too tidy!

Thank you, Got to leave that bit alone now and move on to something else as I keep finding bit's of junk I could put at the back of the hut!

Steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still not sure of where to start with the main buildings on the layout so I've been mesing around with some other stuff.

I made a few bits that might find their way on to the layout, just need a bit of painting and weathering.

Steve.

post-24-0-10046600-1545068962_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Sometimes less is more. What does the scene need?

Martyn

I like the less is more thIn theory but sometimes find it hard to put into practice! In the space you see there I was thinking along the lines of a small office or two or a slightly bigger storage building. At the other end of the layout I was going to have a half warehouse and gantries spanning the tracks.

Steve.

• Like 1

I like the less is more thIn theory but sometimes find it hard to put into practice! In the space you see there I was thinking along the lines of a small office or two or a slightly bigger storage building. At the other end of the layout I was going to have a half warehouse and gantries spanning the tracks.

Steve.

There you go, sounds like you have a plan.

Martyn

• RMweb Gold

Steve.

Take a few photos of the layout as it is,Steve. Views will be lost once bits are added in so before adding buildings just make sure it's what you want.

Try adding then take it away. See what works.

Rob.

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice job with this Steve, well done for persevering with inset track, it has come out nicely.

Thanks Rob, I'm pleased with it but I've since seen methods of doing it that I would have liked to try that might have made it look better. I think if I was doing it again I'd build up my own track and put in check rails but I wanted to use up some code 100 track I had.

Steve.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Steggy1990, progress has stalled a bit as I'm not sure where to go with the buildings at the left hand end of the layout. The posts were square wooden beading and one end filed  then painted a suitable colour. 

Steve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Thanks Steggy1990, progress has stalled a bit as I'm not sure where to go with the buildings at the left hand end of the layout. The posts were square wooden beading and one end filed  then painted a suitable colour. 

Steve.

What ideas have you got mate 

47679700_363018317787586_7951881131043848192_n.jpg.e2e43b5d049faa0510207d0bbbfb4a48.jpg

Nothings changed much since the earlier posts, I've got this mock up but not sure how to urn it into a building. I'm trying to look at some prototype photo's and get some ideas.

Steve. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It was meant to be a warehouse with a walkway or pipes over the track and the smaller building a water tower or something. If you don't know it there's a layout call Canada Road, inspirational layout of a dock side and exchange sidings, I was kind of looking at that.

Steve.

• Like 2