Railex North East 2018 - 28th & 29th July @ John Spence Community High School North Shields NE29 9PU

North Eastern

post-3910-0-48436900-1530039521_thumb.jpg

post-3910-0-46278200-1530039799_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Railex North East 2018 organised by the Blyth & Tyne Model Railway Society.

This is our 50th show we have organised and the 2nd at the John Spence Community High School. The Exhibition will be held on the 28th & 29th July 2018, between the following times -
10am to 5pm Saturday & 10am to 4pm Sunday.

Celebrating 50 years of the Blyth & Tyne MRS this years exhibition will have a 'North Eastern' theme to it, from Pre-Grouping to Present Day.

Exhibition Manager Lee Davies is assembling a superb collection of Layouts, Demonstrations & Trade Support, and as regular visitors to the exhibition will be aware, we have continuously been trying to improve the quality of the layouts which are on display each year. It is therefore pleasing to hear the comments from visitors’ that it is something we have been accomplishing. Hopefully we have achieved the same standard or improved again this year.

This year the Exhibition will be officially opened by David Bavaird, Chairman of North Shields Chamber of Trade. We will have up to 30 layouts, representing layouts with a British theme and layouts from around the world ranging from N to O Gauge. We hope they will cover an area that is of particular interest to you or show you something out of the ordinary that will inspire you in your latest modelling project.

We also have 14 Demonstrations, covering most aspects of modelling and displays. Also this year we have numerous layouts and demonstrations showingthe latest technology in Model Railways – Digital Command Control (DCC). Please take your time to visit all parts of the Exhibition, and ask the exhibitors as many questions as you like. We also have a fine array of Local and National Trade support this year, supplying the railway modeller with just about everything they need, so please give them your support.

We will also have a modelling area for all children sponsored by Smart Models. All children will be able to construct a free card building and be able to take it home with them. We respectfully ask all parents to assist in the supervision of their children during this task.

This year we have our usual Tombola. This way you get your prizes straight away. There are many fine prizes this year including Loco’s donated by Hornby and Dapol. So please stop by admire the prizes and buy a ticket or two. There is also our usual stand of used magazines available for a donation.

Our chosen charity this year is - North East Air Ambulance.

Special thanks must go to the John Spence Team for their invaluable support in helping us arrange this exhibition at the School and to Booklaw Publications for their continued support.

Also thanks must go to all the Exhibitors for supporting the show and the Traders for their continued support in the programme and the show.

Please take the time to fill in the Questionnaire your comments are important to us. This will enable us to continue to improve the exhibition for your continued enjoyment for years to come. Also don’t forget to vote for your favourite layout on the questionnaire. This form can be left at the entrance desk.

Regular updates will also appear on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/RailexNE/ Please feel free to visit this page and share with yourfriends & other Facebook Groups.

Also keep up todate via our website - http://www.railexne.com/

Once again we hope you have an enjoyable time at the exhibition and we look forward to welcoming you to our new venue -

John Spence Community High School
Preston Road
North Shields
Tyne & Wear
NE29 9PU

28th & 29th July 2018

As exhibits are confirmed we will post them here -

N Gauge.
Northallerton - Post 2000 by Cleveland MRC - 7.5m x 2.5m.
Kayreuth - 1990's/2000 by Ian Hogben
Blyth - BR(NE) 1960's by Ed Orwin BTMRS
Staly Vegas - BR(M) 1950/60's by Richard Stott - 2.1m x 1.5m.

2mm Scale.
Fence Houses - BR(NE) 1960's by Bob Jones

HO Gauge.
Tyskie-Wielkopolska - Polish by Alan Wardman - 3m x 1m.
West Pickering - Canadian by Craig Watson.

EM – P4 – S4.
Leeman Road - BR(NE) 1964 P4 Gauge by John Shaw - 3m x 3m.
South Pelaw - BR(NE) 1950's EM Gauge by South Pelaw Group - 12.5m x 6.1m.
Blackgill - BR(NE) 1950's/60's P4 Gauge by Eddie Ford - 13.5m x 2m.
Pwllheli - North Wales 2000 to 2012 P4.

OO Gauge.
Montague Field - BR(NE) 1957 by Steve Driver - 5.6m x 3m.
Crinan - BR(SC) 1970's by Martyn Wild - 5m x 0.5m.
Trinity Dock Street Bridge - LNER 1939 by Gavin Rose - 2m x 2m.
Fen March Depot - BR 1970's/80's by Graeme Marriott - 4m x 2m.
Hazelbury Yard BR(NE) 1960's by Alan Davies BTMRS
Thomas & Friends - BTMRS.
Welby Lane - RTC 1970/80's by Mark Pearson.
Poole in Wharfedale - BR(NE) 1960's by Tom Couling & Harvey Whitmore.
Edge Hill BR(M) 1957 to 1958.
Hilbottom FID BR Blue 1970 to 1979.

O Gauge.
Webb's Wharf - GWR 1925 by Dr Michael Watts - 5.5m x 2m.
Dalnottar Riverside - BR(SC) 1978 to 1984 by Graeme Moyes - 5.5m x 2.2m.
Woodside - BR(NE) 1960's by Dave Thurlwell - 4m x 2m.
Hyde Lane Stabling Point - BR(E) 1960's by Nick Hughes - 5.4m x 1.3m.
Craster - BR(NE) 1950's/60's by Dale Brunskill BTMRS - 9.2m x 2m.
Falcon Road - BR(NE) 1962 by Ian Harper SDMRC - 6m x 1.5m. - Layout withdrawn.
2nd (Hand) Yard - American - Arry Dodd - 4m x 0.5m.

Demonstrations.
1) Armstrong Railway Photographic Trust Slide Show - By Dave Dunn.
2) Bachmann Europe Plc.
3) Weathering Locos by Lees Locos.
4) 4mm Loco Building by Peter Stanger 52F Models.
5) Lambton Railway & its Collieries in 1896.

Additional Stands.
1) Club Sales Stand.
2) Tombola.
3) Magazines
4) NE Air Ambulance Charity

Traders
ADM Turntables

Alexander Models
Booklaw

Contikits
Culcheth Models
Durham Trains of Stanley
Grosmont Bookshop
Hobby Holidays
Invertrain
Layouts 4U
Legoman Biffo DCC Sounds
North Road Trains
Northumbrian Painting Services
P&D Marsh
R.C.T.S.
Smart Models
Squires Tools
Stoneybridge Structures
Ten Commandments
The Junction Box
TTC Diecast

Why stay at home when you can come and play trains with us - Hope to see you there.

post-3910-0-46156700-1530040562_thumb.jpg

Edited by North Eastern

What's parking going to be like this year? IIRC last year was difficult

The contractors have finished at the school so the top car park is now free of their equipment giving more spaces.

As ever there is also spaces at Morrison's across the road.

Regards

Chris

Am I correct in thinking that Dave Alexander Models usually attends this show. I see he is not in the traders

Iist this year which is a shame as I was hoping to pick up an Lner K4 loco kit.

I have not had any contact from Dave

I have tried to contact him, leaving a message for him to ring me. 

Falcon Road - BR(NE) 1962 by Ian Harper SDMRC - 6m x 1.5m.

Sorry but this layout has had to be withdrawn

Am I correct in thinking that Dave Alexander Models usually attends this show. I see he is not in the traders

Iist this year which is a shame as I was hoping to pick up an Lner K4 loco kit.

Dave Alexander has confirmed he will be attending Railex NE

This will also be my first show as an operator, i'll be helping out on Hilbottom FID and very much looking forward to it.

Brian

Has Gary told you it is Real Ale only on Saturday night. We don't allow Carlsberg to be drunk :O

• RMweb Premium

he only drinks carlsberg 

i dont know what he is going to do theres no way he will drink your coal dust but if some ones buying he may change his mind

Looking forwad to seeing you all again from sunny Pompey 

Just putting the final touches to the layout today

Yours

Gary 

we may send him to the spread eagle does that sell carlsberg 

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances of tickets being valid both days, for those of us who enjoy Saturday and want to come back Sun?

Sorry Norm Not able to do that, it would be a Free for all. 

We could look at a 2 day ticket for future years but don't really think it would be popular

• RMweb Gold

Not been to this show before but planning to come on Saturday.

‘Tis 45 years since I was last at Tynemouth swimming pool, I suspect things have changed a bit (more building, less grass).

Looking forward to it.

Paul.

• Like 1

Guest teacupteacup

Im very tempted to come down on saturday from the outskirts of Glasgow.  Havent been to the show before but one of my groups layouts (Eaglesham) was there a few years back and I had a soft invite for my last layout (Gallowmere) for this year given at Perth last year, the layout no longer exists though!

Im very tempted to come down on saturday from the outskirts of Glasgow.  Havent been to the show before but one of my groups layouts (Eaglesham) was there a few years back and I had a soft invite for my last layout (Gallowmere) for this year given at Perth last year, the layout no longer exists though!

Come down you won't be disappointed.

South Pelaw, Fencehouses and Blackgill all under the same roof...thats brewing up to be quite a show...and whilst on th subject of brewing...you'll feel quite at home on North Tyneside teacupteacup as many Glaswegians came down for their summer holidays to Whitley Bay, Cullercoats and Tynemouth, there was even a through train at one time...and whilst still on the subject of brewing...if you stay till closing time then why not hop on the metro to Monkseaton station and the Left Luggage Room...for some rather nice ales...its well worth the trip and...the interior is still painted in BR (NE Region) colours.

Edited by Axlebox