SR N/U class 2-6-0 and 8 wheel bogie tenders

Afternoon everyone,

I think know the answer to this one already, but as usual on here someone will know something that disproves what you think you already know!

Has anyone ever seen a photo of a SR U class or N class 2-6-0 with one of the 8 wheel bogie tenders as used by the N15 or S15 classes. I know the GWR used to swap tender types at overhaul between collet and Hawksworth types, and LMS to a lesser extent with fowler and stainier types with jubilees, 8F's etc, but wondered if any of the 2-6-0s ever pulled the 8 wheel tenders?

All the pics I have seen show the normal 6 wheel tender, so I think the answer is they didn't but I hope to be disproved!

Afternoon everyone,

I think know the answer to this one already, but as usual on here someone will know something that disproves what you think you already know!

Has anyone ever seen a photo of a SR U class or N class 2-6-0 with one of the 8 wheel bogie tenders as used by the N15 or S15 classes. I know the GWR used to swap tender types at overhaul between collet and Hawksworth types, and LMS to a lesser extent with fowler and stainier types with jubilees, 8F's etc, but wondered if any of the 2-6-0s ever pulled the 8 wheel tenders?

All the pics I have seen show the normal 6 wheel tender, so I think the answer is they didn't but I hope to be disproved!

An interesting concept .... but NOPE !

The loco-tender couplings are not compatible between the 'Ashford' Moguls and 'Eastleigh' tenders - hence the running plate step when 'Eastleigh' designed 4000 gallon tenders were built for the Moguls and a mis-match when formerly 6-wheel-tendered 'Arthurs' got bogie tenders in later life ( though there must be more to THAT story ! ).