The Funeral Trains of Queen Victoria

After the couple of films about Queen Victorias love life in later times, the concept of multiple funeral trains had me worrying that we'd strayed into Royal Vampire territory....

Once I'd got over that, its interesting stuff. 

Bravo!

• RMweb Gold

After the couple of films about Queen Victorias love life in later times, the concept of multiple funeral trains had me worrying that we'd strayed into Royal Vampire territory....

Once I'd got over that, its interesting stuff. 

Bravo!

ISTR fresh garlic can help.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this topic but a photo on FB recently has sparked my interest. The photo shows a LBSC Atlantic No. 39 on a Royal train at Portsmouth docks that was wrongly captioned as being as being Queen Victoria's funeral train.

Upon researching Queen Victoria's funeral train I found that it was taken by a LSWR loco from Gosport to Fareham wherupon it was then taken by a LBSC B4 loco to Victoria station.

So my question is this, does anyone know what LSWR loco took the train from Gosport to Fareham?

Cheers,

Chris

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

According to Hamilton Ellis in his LBSCR history, LSWR 555 hauled the train from Gosport to Fareham. I believe this to have been an Adams A12 2-4-0. 

Wasn’t the A12 an 0-4-2?

• Agree 1