Air Brake Hoses for Wagons

Hello,

Does anyone know what the options are for modelling air brake hoses on wagons? For instance the two hoses on this wagon:

P0025L.jpg

I've tried searching and can't find anything suitable in the mainstream trade. Does anyone know if any Bachmann/Hornby/Helijan spares would be suitable for these?

Thanks,

Alastair

Guest teacupteacup

Hello,

Does anyone know what the options are for modelling air brake hoses on wagons? For instance the two hoses on this wagon:

P0025L.jpg

I've tried searching and can't find anything suitable in the mainstream trade. Does anyone know if any Bachmann/Hornby/Helijan spares would be suitable for these?

Thanks,

Alastair

I asked Dave Franks of Lanarkshire Modelling Supplies if he had any plans to do these (along with loco) pipework, he did seem quite interested...

• RMweb Premium

I had some cast ones, not sure of their origin though, possibly Shawplan? The problem (IMHO) with cast whitemetal ones is that if made thin enough to look right they are very fragile. Cast ends that could be used with shaped brass rod for the pipe might work and be more durable?

• RMweb Premium

I use thick wire (the sort you find in twin and earth mains cable, with thin wire (fuse) wound round it and soldered. A little filing on the ends to suggest connections. Cheap & easy!

Something along these lines, maybe?

Post #1

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118922-kylestrome’s-4mm-workbench-–-Bachmann-grain-hopper-detailing/

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What scale?

I finish of my N Gauge wagons with a short length of thin black wire glued to a hole drilled into the buffer beam. Dipping the end in either yellow or red paint gives the connector. Life's too short to worry about the valve handles in 1:148 scale.

Steven B.