NEW BATCH OF ‘OO' HYMEKS COMING SOON

Andy Y

I was about to jump in and say that 35017 was Belgian so what was all this nonsense about 'Dutch' ?  .... then I read the thread properly.

A senior moment... sorry, I'm very much pre-TOPS   :jester:

Not at all. I assume the other, and original, 35017 is Merchant Navy   "Belgian Marine", found lots of photos of it whilst I was looking for those of Hymek 35017 in "Dutch".

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2019 at 09:33, brushman47544 said:

What’s with Heljan and their headcode panels? The numbers are getting smaller and less accurate every new set of releases.

Totally agree, got my model of D7088 out of the box yesterday and was very disappointed with the quality of the headcode panel letter size and font. Can anyone recommend a more accurate replacement for these please. 

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Deltic said:

Totally agree, got my model of D7088 out of the box yesterday and was very disappointed with the quality of the headcode panel letter size and font. Can anyone recommend a more accurate replacement for these please. 

Try Modelmaster or Fox transfers, their catalogues are very comprehensive and loco-specific for headcode characters,

• RMweb Gold

Precision labels. With these you can accurately model the "betwixt/between" numbers and letters often seen where head codes were hastily rewound or rattled out of position. They make a terrific difference to factory provided headcodes. The Dapol Western and class 22 ones go straight in my bin! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Yes I know wrong class, but 3 Dapol class 22s receiving headcode treatment. For Hymeks I use the same size precision numerals PVAed to a small rectangle of clear plastic (the stiffener material packed with Fox transfers is ideal). Placed then behind the Heljan glazing. Yes I know bits are missing from these, where did that ****** wiper go?! IMG_0904.JPG.30b032338396845c4f3a365868acc2e4.JPG

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1