DJModels - Companies House strike-off notification content

PMP

• RMweb Gold

Unless you are purchasing an APT or 92 which are crowd funded ie you have a vested interest, isn't this thread little more than trolling of DJM?

Suggest you read Andy Y's Post 64.He started this new thread and would not have done so without legitimate reason. Using your reasoning then,discussion should be exclusively for those who are engaged in crowd funding ? I think not. There is in any case already in existence a separate thread for the APT.

Please do not exaggerate and thereby add fuel to the flame.It is completely unnecessary .

• Like 1

Unless you are purchasing an APT or 92 which are crowd funded ie you have a vested interest, isn't this thread little more than trolling of DJM?

I don’t think it is limited to just those interested in those two models. The issues concerning how “crowd funding” evolves are broader than that and there are negative implications for other crowd funders if there is a collapse of a prominent scheme such as this.

David

This thread is raising issues about Crowd Funding and it is pointing out a very big concern: 'Do you know who is holding your money'

I don't know the ins and outs of this matter with Dave, I can see why people are concerned and if I had anything on order from DJM I would be reading this thread closely but this whole thing could be a bit of poor management (the late returns) and Paypal being wary rather than it being anything more concerning.

But it does come back to, how well do you know your crowd funder - we are seeing a mix of comments with regards Dave - some good, some not so good but how much of it is opinion and how much is fact - simply saying I've met him, seems a good egg is just an opinion.

Dave has history though in producing models for other people, the chap who proposed the 0 Gauge twins - what did he have - a fake name who only wanted to deal in cash.  He could have been completely above board with his proposal or a complete fraud out for my money - how could I tell the difference, it can't just be gut feel.

I own several DJM locos but due to perceptions about the business and personal concerns over mechanisms, I have chosen not to fund the R&D of the 92 though I intend to buy one when released should the quality be right.

As for the APT, it was a childhood mirage, glimpsed fleetingly in service at Crewe and I still have (somewhere) the Hornby version so I’d love one. However, the prices quoted were too much for me and the same perceptions & concerns mean I will pass. I would apply the same logic to any other sole traders asking me for £hundreds up front.

So no, it’s not trolling.

Raising concern isn’t trolling, it allows people to make reasoned decisions given the Investment at Risk. It’s no different to the die hards chanting Safe Pair of Hands at every opportunity and the BBC would say it brings balance.

However, I agree continuing to berate DJM once the Companies House saga is settled could be considered trolling should we get that far. At that stage, I would say the thread will have run its course and could be locked.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Due to yearly accounts going in late to Companys House for the period , end July 2017, they have put this as a sort of threat for me to get those done.

The accounts should be formalised and back in shape with C.H. over this weekend.

It will be twice ive missed the dates in 2 years running, so this is really just a 'shot across the bow' for DJM to get its house in order.

It has nothing to do with PayPal or DJM's finances, merely myself taking my eye off the ball.

Hope this helps clarify things.

cheers

Dave

when i read this reply i instantly thought of this.....

https://youtu.be/ZnJcZ-5P8hE

• Like 1

Then there is the Paypal issue on top. 

Paypal make decisions that have no bearing on reality.

I had payment made to me from a very reputable business stopped because of so called suspicious activity.

There is no 'real world' interaction with Paypal (Dave was lucky to speak to someone) and after several email exchanges I was informed the matter was closed with no further explanation.

After the dust settled another attempt at payment was made and was successful.

This whole thread has really just turned into a 'gentleman's' version of Facebook. Everybody is trying to make it look they are authoritative and acting as the voice of reason, but really it is nothing more than an outpouring of pomposity and hate.

All of you who have ever exceeded the speed limit, could you please hand over your driving licences to the appropriate authorities immediately.

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

If this is such a mess cant Durham trains of Winstanley use another company such as Rapido, Realtrak, Bachmann ect ?, instead of DJ models, personally I think the price has jumped up far too much recently.

It's the other way round. DJM is using DToS.

What mess? The accounts are late and that is being sorted.

The price only "jumped up" for those who did not meet the well published deadline. The price of the APT-P never changed for original crowdfunders.

Edited by Colin_McLeod

If this is such a mess cant Durham trains of Winstanley use another company such as Rapido, Realtrak, Bachmann ect ?, instead of DJ models, personally I think the price has jumped up far too much recently.

This was issued by DJM on 1st May and is from the APT thread. Please read the bottom paragraphs which make clear who is leading this project and the lack of mention to DToS

APT Press release

Dear Modeller,

As we get closer to the APT scanning party on the 2nd June at Crewe Heritage Centre, we can now tie down the 'shut down' date of Crowdfunding orders.

This will be May 30th at 11.59pm

After this date and time it will still be possible to order all APT versions but each set will then cost a higher RRP.

The prices listed below only affect new non existing crowdfunded orders from the 31st May onwards. Existing crowdfunders will still be able to top up their order with new orders at the original Crowdfunders price until tooling starts, and this date will be advised at a later date.

Set 001 will rise from £699.95 to £ 933.27

Set 002 will rise from £649.95 to £ 866.60

Set 003 will rise from £749.95 to £ 999.93

Set 004 will rise from £749.95 to £ 999.93

Set 006 will rise from £895.95 to £1,194.60

Set 007 will rise from £995.95 to £1,327.94

The raised price will be in effect until tooling is started. Once tooling has started the order book will close permanently.

Please note this is a DJM crowdfunding project and DJM will be invoicing, designing, and finally supplying the finished model and is therefore totally responsible for your investment.

Also: Please Note: Any 'pure' crowdfunding venture is an investment with no guarantee of return, and your invested capital (deposit payments) are at risk. Please consider carefully whether you wish to partake in this venture before ordering.

• RMweb Gold

I had payment made to me from a very reputable business stopped because of so called suspicious activity.

There is no 'real world' interaction with Paypal (Dave was lucky to speak to someone) and after several email exchanges I was informed the matter was closed with no further explanation.

This whole thread has really just turned into a 'gentleman's' version of Facebook. Everybody is trying to make it look they are authoritative and acting as the voice of reason, but really it is nothing more than an outpouring of pomposity and hate.

All of you who have ever exceeded the speed limit, could you please hand over your driving licences to the appropriate authorities immediately.

Hear Hear. You can buy a big set of springs, just for jumping on the bandwagon... However.... There is no such thing as bad publicity. "Quick! Create a bit of diversionary news! Keep the project in the spotlight! There's nothing like having a bunch of uninformed people braying in the ether.

Cheers,

Hector Harumph

Now, if that nice Mr Jones would release that MSC austerity (no, not a J94) then we can all get back on our perches....

• Like 1

Hear Hear. You can buy a big set of springs, just for jumping on the bandwagon... However.... There is no such thing as bad publicity. "Quick! Create a bit of diversionary news! Keep the project in the spotlight! There's nothing like having a bunch of uninformed people braying in the ether.

Cheers,

Hector Harumph

Now, if that nice Mr Jones would release that MSC austerity (no, not a J94) then we can all get back on our perches....

HM Gov. just doesn't really know whats going on. I found another model company (Rails of Sheffield) listed as 'Dormant'.

• RMweb Gold

Ok, I'll bite on this one.

If you say that there is 'hate' being shown towards DJM then can you please reference and quote it.  Making an accusation such as that without grounds,  means that by inference you implying the mods of this board are willing to condone such activity.

Utter ######.

Edited by chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

Bureaucracy is a fickle thing... 

No it's not. 

HM Gov. just doesn't really know whats going on. I found another model company (Rails of Sheffield) listed as 'Dormant'.

So what, I could find many companies that are shown as 'dormant'. 

Companies will register variations of their name so that others can't.

• RMweb Gold

RoS is shown as Active

RoS themselves have given the company category 99999 Dormant company

Shall we start another thread???

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09068081

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well done to Andy Y for splitting this thread out from the other one. Must involve quite a lot of work.

A lot of people clearly don't understand the difference between a (limited) company and a business. And they don't understand, in all cases, what would and what would not be included in the accounts.

It's not uncommon for small businesses set up as companies to be late filing docs at Companies House. It's not ideal but nor is it a great cause for concern.

Bureaucracy is a fickle thing...

Hi Peter,

quick'ish story,

last year i imported product from China and had to pay £23,000 in import duty. Fair enough, it was expected and i paid immediately.

i am allowed to claim back duty each quarter and as the quarter was up, i was in the fortunate position to claim immediately.

However, i was questioned about this £23k claim (and before anyone says anything, yes there were other claims but not above 3k in the quarter). So Believe it or not, i was asked to prove i'd paid the £23k i was claiming.

Now for those of you that dont know this, but HMRC, (and i'm simplifying this here) are an animal of many heads........ and as such couldnt just ask 1 department involved if i'd paid the bill in the first place. no, not even pick up the chuffing phone.

Oh no, i sent them a copy of my payment certificate (you have to keep these forever) as proof as apparently its a document that HMRC accept as fact you've paid etc.

However, this was not good enough, and i spent 5 months jumping through hoop after hoop trying to prove i'd paid, proving it, then being re-asked, then asked what the product was, who was it for, why was i importing into the UK, where's my proof of payment (yes again and again) then finally after 5 and a half months of almost continuous back and forth, and well into the next quarter and the one after that, they deined to accept their own paperwork proving i'd paid them, and begrudgingly (and i mean that word) paid me back.

no apologies, no interest on my £23k, nothing.

I did write to them to ask for an explanation, but got none. It was almost as though there was a guiding hand just out to mess me about

I put this to show just how daft things can be with some people, even if you follow the rules, and not to justify my recent mess ups.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

quick'ish story,

last year i imported product from China and had to pay £23,000 in import duty. Fair enough, it was expected and i paid immediately.

i am allowed to claim back duty each quarter and as the quarter was up, i was in the fortunate position to claim immediately.

However, i was questioned about this £23k claim (and before anyone says anything, yes there were other claims but not above 3k in the quarter). So Believe it or not, i was asked to prove i'd paid the £23k i was claiming.

Now for those of you that dont know this, but HMRC, (and i'm simplifying this here) are an animal of many heads........ and as such couldnt just ask 1 department involved if i'd paid the bill in the first place. no, not even pick up the chuffing phone.

Oh no, i sent them a copy of my payment certificate (you have to keep these forever) as proof as apparently its a document that HMRC accept as fact you've paid etc.

However, this was not good enough, and i spent 5 months jumping through hoop after hoop trying to prove i'd paid, proving it, then being re-asked, then asked what the product was, who was it for, why was i importing into the UK, where's my proof of payment (yes again and again) then finally after 5 and a half months and well into the next quarter and the one after that, they deined to accept their own paperwork proving i'd paid them, and begrudgingly (and i mean that word) paid me back.

no apologies, no interest on my £23k, nothing.

I did write to them to ask for an explanation, but got none. It was almost as though there was a guiding hand just out to mess me about

I put this to show just how daft things can be with some people, even if you follow the rules, and not to justify my recent mess ups.

Dave,

Write to them, firmly but poliitely, and DEMAND interest on that sum. You are entitled to it.

If they do not pay up promptly, take it to your MP.

It has long been my view that HMRC is the most ineffiecient of all Govt departments - far worse than any of the so-called spending departments. Only if these inefficiencies get highlighted will we ever see any improvement.

This sort of storm in a teacup type of "me too" moan - where people join in just to be negative is getting more prevalent, here and on other boards, it is depressing.   Probably just a sign of an increasing number of people turning into "grumpy old men".

( NO disrespect to the #meto movement - I'm just using the original meaning.  )