Darstaed Mk1 Mainline Coaches

Ellis Clark Trains

Afternoon everyone,

To kick off this new page dedicated to the Darstaed 7mm Mk1 Mainline coaches please see attached pictures of the sleeper coaches and interiors.

Available in maroon and blue/grey and expected to be in stock the first week of December.

These will be produced in very limited quantities so we would recommend pre-ordering (no deposit needed).

For more info click here.

Any questions please feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Ellis.

post-24194-0-76453100-1530540931_thumb.jpg

post-24194-0-28762300-1530540932_thumb.jpg

post-24194-0-82053700-1530540932_thumb.jpg

post-24194-0-31830300-1530540933_thumb.jpg

post-24194-0-83318900-1530540933_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning all,

We've just had come into stock the Darstaed Mk1 TSOs and FKs in maroon livery!

If you have placed a pre-order Paddy will be attempting to contact you today or tomorrow - although please feel free to call the office on 01756 701451 if you want to beat him to it!

They are also now available to purchase through the website.

Click here to see the new arrivals and full Darstaed range of Mk1s.

Close to follow this month and early next month will be the TSOs and FKs in the other four main liveries.

Cheers,

Ellis.

post-24194-0-82010100-1530699597_thumb.jpg

post-24194-0-21019400-1530699601_thumb.jpg

post-24194-0-32436400-1530699603_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Trevor, am I missing something, I cannot see any coach numbers, so how can they be fictional?

An example of incorrect coach numbers. On the lined maroon coaches the BSK's are numbered W 80409 and M 80406

the SK is M 18284. The Southern green MK 1's also have some incorrect numbers.

I am not being picky, but this is such a basic thing to get right. The models themselves look excellent.

• Like 1

Hi People,

So all the coaches come un-numbered with a transfer sheet so you can pick your own.

The weathered and numbered versions on my website have been done by one of our weathering guys using a train spotting "bible" if you will, but I'll double check this.

Cheers,

Ellis.

Edited by Ellis Clark Trains

Afternoon everyone,

My mistake on this one, I mixed up the transfer sheets when sending these to my weathering chap.

Usually they get checked, but sods law on this one he trusted me giving him the numbers and I gave him the wrong ones! Doh!

They're getting renumbered next week.

Cheers,

Ellis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Evening All,

Just a quick one.

After much demand we have decided to do a very short re-run of the Darstaed Mk1 Coaches.

We are also producing some fitted with CW bogies straight from the factory.

Click here to see the pre-order listing I have just made on the website, detailing what will be available.

We're expecting these within the next month or so.

Hope you've all had a great Christmas!

All the best,
Ellis.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

post-24194-0-82731500-1547763610_thumb.jpg

Good Evening all,

Thought I'd do a little update on the Mk1s.

We now have in stock catering vehicles in the 5 main liveries - these have joined the current line up of TSOs, BCKs, FKs and some remaining CKs, SKs and BSKs.

This now means that still to come are the 57' BGs (which have now been reduced to £169 each), Sleepers, Intercity liveried stock and the limited edition West Highland stock.

For the remainder of this month we will be receiving a small number of re-run coaches to replace the most popular sold out models - a list of these can be found by clicking here

In a couple of days I'll also have some more news on the 57' BGs, including some new CAD images.

All the best,
Ellis.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

We have received the CAD images for the catering vehicle interiors.

These are available for pre-order now and expected to arrive mid to late September.

What do we think?

Cheers,

Ellis.

attachicon.gifRFO Interior.jpg

attachicon.gifRMB Interior.jpg

attachicon.gifRSO Interior.jpg

attachicon.gifRU.jpg

I'm trying not to be ultra picky but the underframes for the RMB are wrong. 

They are broadly similar to a TSO but with only one pair of gas boxes underneath the buffet with a battery box next to them and on the other side it should have one battery box and the refrigeration generator just the one side of the central vestibule door.

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

We've just received some updated CAD drawings for the upcoming Darstaed 57' BGs.

These, currently expected between March and May, will now be fitted with brass bars to the insides of the windows.

They will also be fitted with the brand new diecast Mk1 bogies and scale wheels (24.5mm diameter over tyres) which will also be fitted to the suburbans.

For more info and CAD drawings for all the liveries click HERE.

What do you all think?

All the best,
Ellis.

1587016248_BG8(2).jpg.3c9d8860e1a7b69113643686162a5ac1.jpg1695419364_BG1(3).jpg.66d25ec1e52077609259937a8224b0d6.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 06/05/2019 at 12:49, Ellis Clark Trains said:

Hi All,

Just a quick one to let you know that the Intercity liveried coaches are now in stock (less the CK and SK coaches due in a week or so).

All other types are now available on the website, with Sleeper coaches due in a fortnight.

All the best,

Ellis.

IMG_0009_2_949d10a6-7611-4b54-9cf1-a059cf3f6d0c.jpg

Crikey - what size portions are served in the Restaurant car to justify a 20 Ton load limit?!?

Distributed load markings were only applied to coaches with a brake compartment - but numbers were carried by all coaches.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Funny 2

15 hours ago, wychcan said:

Is there any chance of a rerun of the Mark 1 coaches?

Have sent a couple of emails about these but no response as yet

thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Very sorry for the delay in replying - I have just seen your email.

We are currently working on a re-run, due in about 5-6 months time.

Would you like to email me your requirements and I'd be happy to put your name down for some.

Kindest regards,

Ellis.

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Ellis,

I bought a mk1 BCK in BR(S) green at Kettering in February. Initially I was very pleased with it, that was until I placed it against other rolling stock and noted it seemed too high. I then measured it and in comparison with published drawings it seems around 2mm too high. Doesn't sound much but it looks out of place.

From a conversation with Darstaed at Telford I understand that the original mk1s being overheight is acknowledged and that this has been corrected on the new suburbans and Commonwealth bogie mk1s. 

Is there any fix available to existing mk1s? If not I think I'll reluctantly be putting my coach up for sale.

Darstaed are going to be issuing shorter springs to all customers of the Mk1’s in order to lower them to the correct height so I’ve been told. I’ll believe it when I see it unfortunately.

i have 7 of the Mk1’s and would like to acquire at least the same amount again, but until I see actions and not just words, I’ll not buy anything else from Darstaed which is a shame for Ellis as he’s a top bloke. :banghead:

On 06/09/2019 at 11:19, Airport2010 said:

Darstaed are going to be issuing shorter springs to all customers of the Mk1’s in order to lower them to the correct height so I’ve been told. I’ll believe it when I see it unfortunately.

i have 7 of the Mk1’s and would like to acquire at least the same amount again, but until I see actions and not just words, I’ll not buy anything else from Darstaed which is a shame for Ellis as he’s a top bloke. :banghead:

Hi there,

Let me take the blame for this one.

I did raise the question of new springs, but did not follow up on it.

I have now sent instructions through to the factory.

We will supply these to you free of charge in little bags.

Hopefully, this should be within the next few weeks.

Kindest regards,

Ellis.

• Like 1