Little Loco Company general news and updates

I know not all of you frequent Facebook, but for those that do we have started a new Facebook 'page'. This is different to a group in that you do not have to be a member of the group to view it, or even a member of Facebook, I believe. We will be slowly migrating out of the group structure and will post exclusively on the 'page' from now on. You can expect to find exclusive updates on our various projects and maybe one or two offers now and again. Of course, RMWeb is still included in any newsworthy update, so please don't feel like you have to follow FB to be kept up to date.

We also have a YouTube channel which we'll update with exclusive tidbits as often as we can. For example, the Ruston is out on endurance trials today, so hopefully we'll have some footage of that to show later. The links to both are below.

https://www.facebook.com/littlelococompany/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQv1oFNwfvEw3OSRJ9XkpA

Thanks, Steve

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I know not all of you frequent Facebook, but for those that do we have started a new Facebook 'page'. This is different to a group in that you do not have to be a member of the group to view it, or even a member of Facebook, I believe. We will be slowly migrating out of the group structure and will post exclusively on the 'page' from now on. You can expect to find exclusive updates on our various projects and maybe one or two offers now and again. Of course, RMWeb is still included in any newsworthy update, so please don't feel like you have to follow FB to be kept up to date.

We also have a YouTube channel which we'll update with exclusive tidbits as often as we can. For example, the Ruston is out on endurance trials today, so hopefully we'll have some footage of that to show later. The links to both are below.

https://www.facebook.com/littlelococompany/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQv1oFNwfvEw3OSRJ9XkpA

Thanks, Steve

I don't use Facebook and do not intend to. I tried sending a message via your website contact form but it repeatedly failed. I have sent it as a PM instead.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't use Facebook and do not intend to. I tried sending a message via your website contact form but it repeatedly failed. I have sent it as a PM instead.

I am feeling fairly negative about Facebook at the moment as someone has hacked my FB account and got my password. Fortunately, I have followed the standard security advice and I don't use that password for anything else.

Website contact forms are another bugbear. Why don't people who build websites know that those contact forms won't work with some people's web browsers? They should always offer an e-mail address as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Season’s greeting to our customers and followers.

As the new year gets ever closer I’ve been reflecting on this current year – and what a tumultuous one it has been. I’m not ashamed to say my continuing desire to be a model railway manufacturer has ebbed and flowed to some dramatic extremes this year.

The primary concern has been bringing the Rustons to a quality position that I can approve and be proud of producing. The fact is that I could have approved it much earlier this year, but it would not have met my standards and, most importantly, not yours either. Each time a part or series of parts is rejected for tooling amends it takes on average three months to resolve. The unfortunate situation is that this has happened several times, and often to the same parts.

While this has been going on, we have had the opportunity to test a few completed sample models. I’m absolutely delighted that, even though these are pre-production samples and not nearly to the same standard as the final models, they have performed impeccably. By now we are likely over the 10km point of testing – that’s real distance, so several hundred scale kms – and not a single failure of any part. This will undoubtedly be the most thoroughly tested model ever!

Happily, tooling was approved recently. I won’t go into specific details here, but we did have a minor legal wrangle with our plastics factory, but this has now been resolved and we are both determined to produce the parts so we can start assembly as soon as possible. Delivery of plastic parts won’t be until next year, despite having many other parts in stock and waiting.

The Class 22 is patiently waiting for the Rustons to be released so they can enter production tooling. We continue to make minor refinements to the design, especially with ease of assembly and customisation in mind. I hold my hands up in taking the blame for not realising how delays elsewhere would impact this project – it has been crippling, and I apologise.

Looking forward into the latter part of 2019 I have to evaluate the business strategy as it currently stands. After the release of the 22s no other product will be announced before the first stage of tooling has been completed and samples produced for evaluation. It is our strong desire to have at least some production facilities in-house or through our sister company, Kitpart Ltd. Our in-house priorities will centre around producing smaller plastic parts, decoration and assembly.

Little Loco Company will be closing for Christmas on Friday 14th December. I can still answer urgent emails when I’m available and I’m sure Nikki will keep an eye out for questions posted on social media.

I sincerely wish you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Steve, LLC Ltd.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear all. Over the past few months I have been unable to progress any Little Loco Company projects due to personal reasons. I have now come to the realisation that I can no longer continue to operate LLC and I'm inviting offers among the model railway community for the sale of the business in whole or part. Please feel free to share this statement.

Offered for sale is a complete tooling set (injection moulding and die-cast) for the Ruston 48DS in two styles ready for production, costing over £140,000 in total for machining, EDM on all parts, and developmental testing. In addition, the Class 22 is fully developed and ready for tooling, incorporating many novel features and systems that have been designed to be marketed separately and feature in future models. Tooling costs can be considerably reduced by removing this system-level approach.

I am open to offers for the business as a whole or just the rights and tooling for the Ruston, along with the Class 22 development work. Serious offers or request for further information to sales@littleloco.co.uk – I am happy to act as a free consultant to ensure the sale and project continues as smoothly as possible.

I have received many emails and messages recently, and I have read them but I've not had the wherewithal to respond. Any personal messages can be sent to steve@littleloco.co.uk please. I may not be able to respond to all but I will read them.

My sincere apologies and kindest regards,

Steve

• Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

Really sorry to see this. Whilst O Gauge isn't my scale, the Class 15 was a wonderful model, you could tell it was built with much enthusiasm.

Best wishes to yourself and everyone involved in LLC and hopefully you can find someone to take it on,

• Agree 1

Hi Steve, 

That is very sad news. I know you will be disappointed from a personal point of view, but your own personal well-being - be that physical, mental and financial - are by far the most important thing. You have made a very brave decision and the fact that you have come out in the public domain to outline the current situation is much appreciated. Your ambition, drive and commitment have been a credit to you; the Class 15 was a cracking model and I have no doubt the Ruston and Cl.22 would have been of similar standard. Hopefully someone will pick up the LLCo projects in due course. 

I wish you all the best for the future and hope that you will still have the desire to stay involved in the hobby despite this experience. 

David 

• Agree 5