dasatcopthorne

Basildon 7th & 8th July.

Haven't seen anything on here so here goes.

We're off there for the weekend with our layout Villefranch le Chapelle.

Dave

Carshalton & Sutton MRC

post-509-0-64512100-1530726556_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

John Dutfield LLP will be attending the Basildon Exhibition, let us know if there are any items that you would like us to bring along.

• Like 2

Templefield will be there this weekend. Looking forward to it. Hope she behaves in the heat!!!

Ken, bring a spare CDU and seep pm4 or two just in case ;-)

post-20658-0-02807100-1530870418_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bring fans, you'll need them! I don't envy those stuck in the hall all weekend, I'll be paying a visit tomorrow morning.

Bring fans, you'll need them! I don't envy those stuck in the hall all weekend, I'll be paying a visit tomorrow morning.

I'll be there, running the club sales stand which will be equipped with a fan. You can wish me a happy 70th birthday as well. The Tesco's at Pitsea has some fans in stock if your interested, £15 for a compact one and £35 for a pedestal mounted one.

Looking forward to this. I didn't realise Templefield was here, one of my faves and I'm looking forward to seeing Cusworths Yard again.

Steve.

• Like 1

Fan reserved in argos for collection tomorrow morning! ;-)

Thanks steve, looking forward to what looks like another good essex show. There were a few 'worrying warps' as i left tonight but hey, adds to the realism.

See you all tomorrow.

• Like 2

I went to this show for the first time last year and was most impressed. I think the weather will stop me going again this year however, sorry.

Went along this morning and a mixed bag of layouts and trade as usual. The main hall was like a sauna at 10 AM, the smaller hall/refreshments area much cooler. 

How the traders will cope over 2 days I dread to think. I'd had enough after an hour.

The "0" gauge layout in the smaller hall was excellent.

Rob

Good show guys, well done to all involved, some great layouts, here's just a few pics.

post-24-0-54937600-1530983640.jpg

Glynn Valley Tramway

post-24-0-39552900-1530983646.jpg

Peak Forest

post-24-0-75593100-1530983665.jpg

Barkers Lane

post-24-0-48267800-1530983660.jpg

Cusworths Yard

post-24-0-70699800-1530983652.jpg

post-24-0-39630500-1530983674.jpg

And a couple of my favourite Templefield. Good to meet you and chat David.

Steve.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A very enjoyable weekend. Great meeting everyone who came for a chat. Yes, good to to meet you to Steve.

Excellent layouts on display with some personal highlights attached.post-20658-0-41992900-1531076855_thumb.jpg

post-20658-0-69172500-1531076989_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

A very enjoyable weekend. Great meeting everyone who came for a chat. Yes, good to to meet you to Steve.

Excellent layouts on display with some personal highlights attached.attachicon.gif20180707_165411.jpg

Thats a good pic of the back of my head in the second pic.

The main hall was like a sauna at 10 AM, the smaller hall/refreshments area much cooler. 

The main hall was like a sauna during Friday set-up, all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

Some youtube videos

Edited by PhilJ W

Went along this morning and a mixed bag of layouts and trade as usual. The main hall was like a sauna at 10 AM, the smaller hall/refreshments area much cooler. 

How the traders will cope over 2 days I dread to think. I'd had enough after an hour.

The "0" gauge layout in the smaller hall was excellent.

Rob

It was very warm all weekend - even with a fan

On 06/07/2018 at 19:17, westernviscount said:

Templefield will be there this weekend. Looking forward to it. Hope she behaves in the heat!!!

Ken, bring a spare CDU and seep pm4 or two just in case ;-)

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_07_2018/post-20658-0-02807100-1530870418.jpg

congratulations on the Templefield article in MRJ273, such a great layout considering the constraints. The large surfaces are so well executed.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Camden,

Thank you for your kind comment. I must say i really enjoyed putting together the article. It was a chance meeting with Barry Norman that led to it being written. It definitely made me think deeper on why i love this great hobby so much. As you can imagine, i was thrilled to see it get into print. 

Cheers.

Dave 

• Like 2