Underhill Road

Welcome to my layout Underhill Road, I’ve been a railway modeller for too many years now and have exhibited layouts with clubs and by myself.

Ive gone back to my roots of P4 modelling in a period I have modelled before in OO gauge Scottish region 1970’s under name of Ting tong yard.

This layout started out after two individual baseboards were bought with P4 track already laid, the first layout portrayed a southern region engineers yard called Balfour Road, this was featured in a early Railexpress issue.

Underhill Roads baseboard has sat for a fair few years untouched while club layouts like Farkham has taken my time up along with Ting Tong yard.

After a time a way from modelling to indulge in my other hobby of fast fords, I finally found the love to return to railway modelling.

The layout baseboard was found to be to wide for its new home in the spare room so it was narrowed and three points were removed and a new siding laid in place, slowly over 2017 I’ve started to build the layout at same time building new stock.

As a member of Define I had set myself a date to finish the layout for our open day in Jan 2018.

I have chosen two periods to time to model between 1967-1972 and 1974-1977 in the Scottish region. The layout isn’t modelled on a Scottish location but I’ve used the suburban secondary line as it’s base.

post-322-0-12955000-1530776941.jpeg

Looks good. The factory/goods depot is a good way of framing the layout. Any chance of a track plan (or photo showing what it is like) and dimensions? I'm interested in building a small urban yard as a change from the rural idylls I usually model and would appreciate inspiration.

David C

What a cracking layout you have produced, just that one photograph is full of atmosphere and begs for more information /  photographs. Many thanks for sharing this rather fine creation  :sungum: I will follow this thread with interest ..

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not posted for a while but underhill has still been moving on with stock a vca with 3D printed sides and bill Bedford springing units and six palbrick wagons are slowly coming to feather for the early period on the layout

post-322-0-48709300-1535357740_thumb.jpeg

post-322-0-38436900-1535357757_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A little update, here are a few pictures of my stock for my 80's scottish layout being built up, I'm using my layout Underhill road as a proving ground for running in

post-322-0-99186600-1540658556_thumb.jpg

post-322-0-15063000-1540658568_thumb.jpg

post-322-0-17786800-1540658584_thumb.jpg

post-322-0-48761900-1540658668_thumb.jpg

post-322-0-05147700-1540658696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 31/07/2018 at 07:28, roomey said:

I will put track diagram up tonight

Cheers

Roomey

Still waiting for that track plan!

Fine layout by the way from another fan of Ting Tong Yard.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 30/04/2019 at 22:15, DavidLong said:

Still waiting for that track plan!

Fine layout by the way from another fan of Ting Tong Yard.

David

layout copy.jpg

Next up on Underhill is this 08 started out as a green version now it repainted BR blue rewheeled in P4 and sound chipped, the loco's almost complete but needs more weathering on chassis

IMG_6336.jpg

27 minutes ago, roomey said:

Next up on Underhill is this 08 started out as a green version now it repainted BR blue rewheeled in P4 and sound chipped, the loco's almost complete but needs more weathering on chassis

IMG_6336.jpg

More like this anytime for me please.

Great pics so far, but I do like the colours.

• Agree 1