HELJAN UNVEILS ‘OO’ GAUGE 25/3 AND ‘ETHEL’ FOR 2019

Andy Y

1 minute ago, 97406 said:

A full yellow end can make the shade of blue look different to the same shade of blue with a small yellow warning panel. I for one do like the early BR blue liveries with the small panels. Especially the few Hymeks and Westerns that were turned out in that style. A shame in a way that the style didn’t get adopted as standard, my nostalgia for the standard Banger Blue livery notwithstanding.

Absolutely so. I thought the Hymeks looked gorgeous with BSYP and white window surrounds!

I'm sure any of us who paint our models has had the experience of putting the first colour on and thought "oh dear (or similar), that doesn't look right" only for the whole thing to fall into place when the job is complete.

In my post above I didn't mean to sound preachy, although it does read a bit that way, just to point out that absolute statements about a colour being flawed in a particular way can often be somewhat misguided, particularly in respect of times now long ago.

John.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

In my post above I didn't mean to sound preachy, although it does read a bit that way

Notwithstanding my joking, I thought your post was fine and I agreed with it!

• Friendly/supportive 1