• RMweb Gold

False wall covers the chocolate block connector nicely, not that you’d be able to see much once the roof and windows are on but it would drive me crackers if the light from outside caught one of the screws :rolleyes:

407CF44A-C779-4E1F-8D7A-E8470039D0E4.jpeg.11aa42ffa4ad44dca4093d08c5e18a41.jpeg

80619FA3-E2BB-428B-99D2-72C4F5EABE31.jpeg.86ddf4b7b9c5428561bdd7d8dbc7f8cd.jpeg

I still need to play with the brightness 

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

Depends how far the building is from the eventual viewer. This from Scale Model Scenery could be a start for a couple of quid:

https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/ax117-oo-steam-era-railway--station-building-interior-detailing-pack----oo4mm176-8808-p.asp

I won’t go too far but the link you’ve posted is very helpful, thank you

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Looks fine as it is to me.

If any of the damage is visible, just add a ladder and a workman attending to the work.

Unfortunately the original canopy is in distorted. I inadvertently bent/twisted it out of shape when removing the roof, although I might be able to rescue the valance

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Unfortunately the original canopy is in several pieces, I inadvertently bent it out of shape when removing the roof, although I might be able to rescue the valance

Use more workmen.....

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Use more workmen.....

there would be that many workmen that you wouldn’t be able to see any of the canopy :lol:

Ive managed to straighten the original by sandwiching it between to lengths of timber and sitting it on top of the radiator overnight 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

I’d just like to thank everyone for the comments, help and likes.....why?

Well since having other things to do and then breaking the building it when taking the roof off in the first place I allowed the black dog to reappear.

Usually I’m very patient, methodical and tenacious but the black dog had me on the verge of giving up (didn’t help periodically forgetting to take my happy pills regularly...oops!)

Anyway thanks to everyone’s help and encouragement I have given the black dog a kick in the gonads and my focus has returned

:good:

Edited by chuffinghell
Spelling correction
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Well done mate.

I know only too well how debilitating the black dog can be, so I know how hard it can be even to talk to people when it bites, never mind work up the effort to do any modelling.

All the very best to you Chris.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Well done mate.

I know only too well how debilitating the black dog can be, so I know how hard it can be even to talk to people when it bites, never mind work up the effort to do any modelling.

All the very best to you Chris.

Al.

Thanks Al

Well said Chris, kick it in the nuts and keep kicking it - and if you can't FFS keep talking to people - real ones ideally but failing that us folk on t'internet...

Oh, and I agree - leave the canopy as it was.

Edited by Gypsy
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Having finished my other jobs I’ve managed to get back to my station building

Canopy and roof repaired as best as I could and fixed in place

The station masters house roof was too far gone for repair so I made a new one

C341F1BF-8E9C-4EB7-98C7-1C86ED1CFFE6.jpeg.6f913352c245ef0e3dcc9731f383abcc.jpeg
EBD727B0-3DD1-4BAA-807E-627BD34A34D3.jpeg.409ab57023017b5c5ac3f20832f84b0a.jpeg

DAB21A17-E4E1-4E7F-B38E-1B1580632D07.jpeg.bc3afdf8beb04bab58a06cbcae990bf8.jpeg

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Chris, looking good!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade :)

I thought I’d gone overboard with the green weathering powder but it seems to work some how?

Edited by chuffinghell

That's looking great Chris, the roof weathering looks fine, I'm glad you didn't give up on it. 

Sometimes you cant avoid a visit from the "dog" it can creep up and appear when you're not always aware. The important thing is you've dealt with it and got your focus back, that's not always easy, well done for that.

Take care Chris.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I woke around 5.00am this morning, so logged in for something to read. I hadn't seen your thread before, but pleased to say it kept me engrossed for an hour or so.

Some of the neatest work I've seen. At one stage it looked like you were building furniture rather than a model railway....;)

I have traverser to build in the next six months, so will follow your progress with interest.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the photos I think I may need to repaint the flashing in blue/grey as the green weathering powder has covered a little too well :huh:

I'm getting a bit fed up of doing things more than once :rolleyes:

It might have been better to buy a Bachmann station building and cut it in half length ways :lol:

Edited by chuffinghell

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

Looking at the photos I think I may need to repaint the flashing in blue/grey as the green weathering powder has covered a little too well :huh:

I'm getting a bit fed up of doing things more than once :rolleyes:

It might have been better to buy a Bachmann station building and cut it in half length ways :lol:

Not much difference between masking the flashing and doing the green or doing the green and repainting the flashing! You have to build these effects up in stages...

And talking of effects in stages I have one word for you: Lichen

roof-with-moss-and-lichen-stock-picture-

• Like 3