• RMweb Gold

I’ve had another paint stand made by the same company, this time a custom one made using one of my drawings

E3873398-5A8F-4230-8BA1-E936412DEC86.jpeg.5644a6e082570e2aca7f2443cd90efcb.jpeg

62163E00-6174-4CFB-AF64-05D7D29D0A9F.jpeg.f99a6708693623e76a143af396fdcf00.jpeg

I’ll have to design a couple more for my collection of glues, weathering powders etc...:lol:

I’ve cleared the bottom shelf in the alcove so I could relocat my PS2 (painting station MK2) leaving my desk in the bay window clear* do do some actual modelling

F76A8A02-B60E-4BA8-B0AC-C78A2C091FFA.jpeg.23adb512fd4329f0d8e7184d82b951c2.jpeg

* well it will be because at the moment that’s where the cr@p off the shelf has been temporarily relocated :blush:

I'm doing a bit of a spring clean and major sort out

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Not quite. There is still the 1 % to account for, which if I recall was methane and noble gases. 

Yes, I should know to be more precise on this thread! 

Nitrogen    N2   78.084
Oxygen    O2     20.946
Argon    Ar         0.9340
Carbon dioxide  CO2  0.041500
Neon    Ne        0.001818
Helium    He     0.000524
Methane    CH4    0.000187
Krypton    Kr    0.000114

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 2

15 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Don’t tell superman!

Don't worry we'll keep it just between you and me.

It's the methane that's worrying me as I believe it's what scientists look for on exo planets as a sign of life. Please note I didn't say intelligent life just life.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Don't worry we'll keep it just between you and me.

It's the methane that's worrying me as I believe it's what scientists look for on exo planets as a sign of life. Please note I didn't say intelligent life just life.

Proof of life assumes life form breaks wind

Proof of intelligence assumes above life form doesn’t try to light it

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

Proof of life assumes life form breaks wind

Proof of intelligence assumes above life form doesn’t try to light it

That's half of the "Tomorrow's leaders of industry" that I attended university with screwed then.

At least I was smart enough to know that if I wanted a cheap laugh at a student party, it was better to set fire to someone else....:haha:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That's half of the "Tomorrow's leaders of industry" that I attended university with screwed then.

At least I was smart enough to know that if I wanted a cheap laugh at a student party, it was better to set fire to someone else....:haha:

Born leader I would say then.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Born leader I would say then.

I wouldn't want people following me.  You end up spending half your time trying to lose them.

If you and your friends can't do stupid stuff together, it's probably time to give up on life.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Still sorting stuff out so not done any modelling :mellow: however the cr@p has been moved so I now have a large work area

I've also added a socket under the window and a socket under the desk so I now have somewhere to plug in my Dremel and soldering iron without having to trail an extension from the other end of the room

CD27A5B2-5D42-418D-A290-E6D82DE766F8.jpeg.c7e6117614ea32d64ea1e79d460470ba.jpeg

I really hate those curtains! and the blinds need replacing too (something else added to the list)

Yes I know I’ve not done anything productive but I’m on a mission to get more organised because I tend to spend a hour trying to find things for a simple five minute job

I've also ordered a cheap Adjustable Swing Arm Architect lamp from Amazon which should arrive tomorrow (hopefully in one piece) because the fancy eye friendly LED lamp that boasts multiple light intensities and colours is basically about as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle so I’m going for a old school lamp with a old fashioned incandescent daylight bulb

Just one or two more days sorting out and a trip to the local tip and I’ll be able to do get something done....after I’ve done a few other odd jobs that need attending too

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 4

Nicely done, I do like the semi permanent plug socket arrangement because my work area is located just the same in our house. Except that I have a workbench that started life around 1970 as a pine breakfast table, repurposed as a drawing board, then a screen printing bench, did a stint as potential firewood and got a reprieve when I rediscovered model railways.

I also have the same blinds, they work so that's fine. I wouldn't risk curtains however stylish because I am bound to pull them shut and clear off the bench at the same time!

I have one of those Anglepoise magnifier / daylight bulb contraptions. It's very good, even though when I first set it up RRH asked why I had bought something that looked like an electric toilet seat...

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Nicely done, I do like the semi permanent plug socket arrangement because my work area is located just the same in our house

As we each came away empty handed from a previous marriage we are renting at the moment so anything I do I make sure it can be undone

29 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Except that I have a workbench that started life around 1970 as a pine breakfast table, repurposed as a drawing board, then a screen printing bench, did a stint as potential firewood and got a reprieve when I rediscovered model railways

Mine is a modified and repurposed IKEA computer desk with a matching IKEA coffee table cut in half diagonally and attached each side to fit

31 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I also have the same blinds, they work so that's fine. I wouldn't risk curtains however stylish because I am bound to pull them shut and clear off the bench at the same time!

The blinds came with the house but have seen better days, the curtains came from Sarah’s previous home and put up when it was going to be a dining room.....before I occupied it 

35 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I have one of those Anglepoise magnifier / daylight bulb contraptions. It's very good, even though when I first set it up RRH asked why I had bought something that looked like an electric toilet seat...

The one ordered is just a lamp, no magnifier or anything fancy :blush:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

You do know that a tidy workbench is the sign of a diseased mind right!? That was my dear old dads excuse anyway and I've carried on the family tradition. Early in our marriage my dear wife tidied my workbench for me........let's just say she has never repeated that little mistake and leave it there shall we. Yes I know she meant well but really!!! It might look a mess most of the time but I can lay my hands on everything on it without looking not only that but I know what's on it and what isn't as well and I know where the things that aren't are as well. It's called organised chaos.

Regards Lez.      

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 19/02/2021 at 08:46, Nick C said:

Yes, I should know to be more precise on this thread! 

Nitrogen    N2   78.084
Oxygen    O2     20.946
Argon    Ar         0.9340
Carbon dioxide  CO2  0.041500
Neon    Ne        0.001818
Helium    He     0.000524
Methane    CH4    0.000187
Krypton    Kr    0.000114

G'day Folks

According to climate changlings, there is 60% CO2, and it's going to get Worse...................:sarcastichand::sarcastichand:.

manna

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, manna said:

G'day Folks

According to climate changlings, there is 60% CO2, and it's going to get Worse...................:sarcastichand::sarcastichand:.

manna

Yes well that has quite a bit to do with the fact that they have had the wool pulled over their eyes. The mechanism for removing CO2 from the atmosphere isn't broken and never has been, except during the snowball earth period. It has almost nothing to do with trees and everything to do with rainfall.   

Regards Lez.   

• Like 1