• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Much better, great bit of restoration work.

Thank you, although it was less of a restoration and more of a complete strip back to bare plastic and a repaint

I don’t enjoy painting figures which is why I thought having them already painted was a good idea at the time

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

OUCH, I bet he wished he'd stayed in the box.

Doctor, Doctor, I have a pain in my heel.

Its not a pain sunshine, its a drill bit.:laugh:

Oww, flash backs of when I stupidly stood on a nail from a floorboard I'd lifted up. I remember feeling it going through the sole of my boot in slow motion and then entering my heel. Off to hospital for a tetanus jab!

• Friendly/supportive 4

15 hours ago, 57xx said:

Oww, flash backs of when I stupidly stood on a nail from a floorboard I'd lifted up. I remember feeling it going through the sole of my boot in slow motion and then entering my heel. Off to hospital for a tetanus jab!

I did similar when dismantling an old Club Layout, watch out for nails I yelled, as one went into my sandal middle of foot and no socks. I looked down, saw it from above pushing the skin up, and fainted.:banghead: 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I did similar when dismantling an old Club Layout, watch out for nails I yelled, as one went into may sandal middle of foot and no socks. I looked down, saw it from above pushing the skin up, and fainted.:banghead: 

Ouch!!!

Regards Lez.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I did similar when dismantling an old Club Layout, watch out for nails I yelled, as one went into may sandal middle of foot and no socks. I looked down, saw it from above pushing the skin up, and fainted.:banghead: 

Always suspected that you were a bit of a " do as I say, not do as I do" sort of person Mr P. :D

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I’m thinking of gluing the boxes and workmen on but not gluing it in place so I can remove it and replace it with a different ones....maybe?

That sounds like a clever idea Chris.

Al.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I think that's a good idea.

Thanks Rob

15 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It would certainly stop anyone asking: "When is that crate going to be unloaded?" :jester:

It’s probably something you’d ask :jester:

I’m also going to use one without a driver as I imagine the driver would get out and help with the loading?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Nice :)

I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere in the thread, but I'm too idle to look - where are the vehicles from?

They were sold as Hornby Skale Autos ref.R7090 but they are made by Oxford Diecast

70481457-20F1-493E-8F81-97F05FACADB1.jpeg.6acaa81b0a07ee98a3bc75c61fee487d.jpeg

The Oxford diecast version has a trailer instead of the drop side

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-OO-GAUGE-OXFORD-DIECAST-1-76-76MH003-MECHANICAL-HORSE-GWR-FLATBED-TRAILER-/383597346536

• Informative/Useful 2

I have the articulated version on my eBay watch list at the moment.

It's a toss up between - Do I really need it right now? and - Will some sad case suddenly declare it a "collectible" and the price become stupid?

Such is the way of the world of railway models... :mad_mini:

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

It’s probably something you’d ask :jester:

There were a dozen people asking what was in the crate at Little Muddle years before I showed up! :jester:

I do have one of those old Thornycroft lorry kits somewhere though.....

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Just sold a bit of train junk on eBay...

And bought some more....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383597346536

I’ve got some of the trailers on their own which I was thinking of using but I’ve got to be careful not to put too much in the yard (less is more)

11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I do have one of those old Thornycroft lorry kits somewhere though.....

I keep looking at the thornycroft kit but I don’t know if I’d make a good enough job, if/when you build it can you let me know how easy it is please

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I am also concerned about the less is more aspect, particularly when you think about how busy a lot of these places actually were. 

The station I am modelling, in reality would have been lucky to survive more than a couple of years into nationalisation.

I have quite a few vehicles, but will swap them around in the same way I will with the trains, because I notice that on most layouts, the trains are the only vehicles that move.

Cars and trucks only seem to work if parked up or being loaded up. But that's no excuse to be glued to the spot, literally.

Or worse still, a bus placed on a bridge to within +/- 0.0005" of dead centre. :mad_mini:

Last time I built one of those old Modelscene trucks, I was still at school. I don't recall it being too tricky though. Once I get my trackwork doing as it's intended, I might build it on my thread.

Edited by MrWolf
Typing with hind paws again...
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
On 07/05/2021 at 21:11, chuffinghell said:

I also think the narrower ‘wooden’ boarding looks better too

They certainly look at lot better. People do removable loads for wagons, so why not for a truck. That method is very artful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5