• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

So basically it looks like I've put it in the correct(ish) position

IMG_65472.jpg.9aab63bf2e518124030bd85d3150bd1b.jpg

Thanks for your help, I'm glad Warren only has two semaphore signals and three ground signals otherwise I'd be totally lost :lol:

Yep, based on the photo you posted earlier, I'd say that's exactly right. 

I've got three and four respectively for Lyme, but as it's based on a prototype I don't need to worry about where to put them, just copy the real thing...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 31/03/2020 at 05:30, chuffinghell said:

That’s it for today

737AF2E4-EF82-46E6-BC40-7C007B78C83D.jpeg.830ee39cb9b41a413027dee2722faa3e.jpeg

Ive been asked if I could go into work tomorrow, I’ve reluctantly agreed as I’ll be in the office on my own 

Still reading through the thread furiously to catch up, but can I ask, how did you make the "tracks" in the storage cabinet above the station? I currently have all my track on the shelves, and it's all going to have to come off, if I'm going to start a layout in the bedroom.

UOqWtb5.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, magpac said:

Still reading through the thread furiously to catch up, but can I ask, how did you make the "tracks" in the storage cabinet above the station? I currently have all my track on the shelves, and it's all going to have to come off, if I'm going to start a layout in the bedroom.

UOqWtb5.jpg

The display case was a purchased item, but if I were to make my own I would either use my circular saw with the depth set at just a couple of millimetres, use my router with a small diameter bit, either option would be run against a straight edge clamp

If you don’t have access to a circular saw or router the simplest alternative would be to do as you have but perhaps glue the lengths to the shelves, although possibly a more expensive option you could buy used track off a well known auction site maybe

Hope that’s helpful?

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Informative/Useful 3

I was thinking just the same, wads of used flexible track that isn't worth the risk of using outside of fiddle yards.

I've been putting off installing point rodding etc, but I'm feeling a little more inspired and motivated by your efforts Chris.

Thanks.

I think.

I'll let you all know how it goes, I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I got a similar (but smaller) display cabinet after seeing the one Chris has.  I've put lengths of track in mine, but just tacked in place with a short strip of double-sided tape at each end, rather than firmly glued down 

Edited by Graham T
spooling
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Graham T said:

.......but just tacked in place with a short strip if double-sided tape at each end, rather than firmly glued down 

Much better idea!

I wanted to move my display unit to the wall above the fiddle yard which is on a chimney breast, unfortunately the unit is 50mm wider than the chimney breast and my OCD won't allow that

....and I'm not brave enough to trim off the 50mm

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Friendly/supportive 6

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

Much better idea!

I wanted to move my display unit to the wall above the fiddle yard which is on a chimney breast, unfortunately the unit is 50mm wider than the chimney breast and my OCD won't allow that

....and I'm not brave enough to trim off the 50mm

Is it an easier job making the chimney breast wider to match?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, richbrummitt said:

Is it an easier job making the chimney breast wider to match?

as daft as it seems I did consider attaching a 50mm wide piece of timber up one side but then I came to my senses :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

as daft as it seems I did consider attaching a 50mm wide piece of timber up one side but then I came to my senses :lol:

Quite right too - it needs to be 25mm each side to keep it even! :lol:

• Agree 8
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 1

I like the NEW Avatar Chris, but under the current system, I've no idea when you changed it, but I've only noticed it today. 

Its always good to put a real face to a name, although, I have to say, not at all what I would have expected.

Keep up the good work matey.:good:

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I like the NEW Avatar Chris, but under the current system, I've no idea when you changed it, but I've only noticed it today. 

I don't like having my photo taken but I thought it was about time I stuck the ugly mug on

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Its always good to put a real face to a name, although, I have to say, not at all what I would have expected.

Dread to think what you expected :lol: it was taken in May during our day out to the Vale of Rheidol Railway

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Andy, it appreciated

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

You never said that to me... :(

Al.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

I don't like having my photo taken but I thought it was about time I stuck the ugly mug on

Dread to think what you expected :lol: it was taken in May during our day out to the Vale of Rheidol Railway

Thanks Andy, it appreciated

I have a friend with fairly bad OCD, and his pet hate is facial hair, and so I guess I expected the same Chris.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I have a friend with fairly bad OCD, and his pet hate is facial hair, and so I guess I expected the same Chris.

I suppose I shouldn’t use the term OCD really as it’s not an official diagnosis but it just sounds better than I’m a fussy sod :lol:

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Other way around in this house, if I let the stubble grow out, I look like I haven't had a wash for a month.

you could always just wear a false beard while modelling

1B69A2F5-42C3-4C39-A6AE-964A80979BAD.jpeg.4b1d81a3f59325b2912be7af88fdc54d.jpeg

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Funny 8

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

I suppose I shouldn’t use the term OCD really as it’s not an official diagnosis but it just sounds better than I’m a fussy sod :lol:

I like to differentiate them by using the term CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in the correct order...

J

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Julia said:

I like to differentiate them by using the term CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in the correct order...

J

Very good!

But I am actually dyslexic so I’d accept either spelling

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3