• RMweb Premium

“My Lord, the 3 Kings are here with your presents”.

“Oh God, here we go again, same old, same old".

“King number one. What great wonders dost thou hath for me?”

“My Lord, I have a box of precious and shiny metal nuggets”.

“Oh really, how nice”.

“King number two. And what great wonders dost thou hath for me?”

“My Lord, I have such beautiful and captivating aromas”.

“So, more aftershave, I guess”.

“King number three. And what great wonders dost thou hath for me?”

“My Lord, I travelled to the ends of the lands to bring you this Myrrh…myrr... mrr model railway”.

Edited by Gedward
Editing copy and typos
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 6

A couple of nice purchases there Chris. Try not to beat yourself up about feeling low, happens to everyone and I'm sure it will pass., good that you've got a plan if you cant get any modelling done.  :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

At first glance I thought you lapsed badly and bought an A4...

:lol: that comment make me laugh out loud!

Although I must confess that I do like the A4 and many more of sir Nigel Gresley‘s designs but I don’t think even rule one could save me if I bought one.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

I like the look of an A4, but it would be a hell of a Rule#1 to have one on my layout. Besides, a Churchward mogul only just gets over that river bridge.

Let us know how you get on with the wheel cleaner, I've a feeling that I am going to need one before long.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I like the look of an A4, but it would be a hell of a Rule#1 to have one on my layout.

I tend to push rule #1 to the maximum as it is

10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Let us know how you get on with the wheel cleaner, I've a feeling that I am going to need one before long.

Will do, I’m interested in seeing how it performs myself so you’ll get an honest ‘review’

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I tend to push rule #1 to the maximum as it is

Will do, I’m interested in seeing how it performs myself so you’ll get an honest ‘review’

I'd also be interested Chris.  At the moment I clean wheels with a cotton bud and isopropyl while the loco is on the rolling road.  Your solution looks easier!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Graham T said:

I'd also be interested Chris.  At the moment I clean wheels with a cotton bud and isopropyl while the loco is on the rolling road.  Your solution looks easier!

The cotton bud and isopropyl approach is what took such a long time on Sunday

I’m planning on trying it out tomorrow evening so fingers crossed it will be quicker and hassle free

• Informative/Useful 2

I have the N scale version of the Tidy Track.   It works alright.   The loco kind of needs to work in the first place.   Very much scaled for common American diesels.   It's been so long since I had an idea of your roster, I couldn't say if you have anything that it might not accommodate.  

• Informative/Useful 4

12 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

:lol: that comment make me laugh out loud!

Although I must confess that I do like the A4 and many more of sir Nigel Gresley‘s designs but I don’t think even rule one could save me if I bought one.

Railtour!  

Roja

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Honest review of the track cleaner….

….absolute sh1te!!!

Honest review of the Hornby rolling road….

…I’m not overly impressed to be honest, not very reliable at slow speeds. It only worked intermittently. Its not the loco at fault because I reverted back to my DCC concepts rollers and it worker flawlessly

I only bought the Hornby one because I thought it looked neat and compact but it fell well below my expectations, I’ll just put a spare piece of track within the fiddleyard and wire it up accordingly

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

So I take it that you wouldn't recommend either then? 

Sorry to hear they're not up to much. It's so frustrating when you buy something to do a particular job and it's simply not fit for purpose.

I find it hard to believe, considering what a litigious society we are told that we live in just how many things we buy don't do the job that they claim to.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

So I take it that you wouldn't recommend either then? 

Sorry to hear they're not up to much. It's so frustrating when you buy something to do a particular job and it's simply not fit for purpose.

I find it hard to believe, considering what a litigious society we are told that we live in just how many things we buy don't do the job that they claim to.

No I wouldn’t recommend either

it’s a shame about the cleaner though as I thought it would be a good investment so I’m a little disappointed

I’m sure there is a better alternative available

on the plus side I can return both items free of charge for a refund

• Friendly/supportive 7

16 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

No I wouldn’t recommend either

I got the distinct impression old chap...

it’s a shame about the cleaner though as I thought it would be a good investment so I’m a little disappointed 

To be honest, I thought that it would be too. The makers have been around long enough to have been doing most things right.

’m sure there is a better alternative available

No doubt, don't some of the German manufacturers do similar devices?

On the plus side I can return both items free of charge for a refund

We'll there's some good news at least. If I were stuck with it, it would annoy me just looking at it.

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid autocorrect
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Shame about the cleaner Chris, I thought that would be a good alternative to the wire ones, what was the problem with it? Looks good in the video's I've seen.

The one I use is from Gaugemaster but you have to hold the loco on it to clean the wheels. 

• Like 1