• RMweb Gold

The film in question is "The Battle of Sutjeska". There are two versions the short one is about 3:30 hrs and the long version is over 5 hours. The short one is better but only because it isn't over 5 hours long. Treat yourselves some time when you are waiting for gloss paint to dry. I will say the combat scenes are actually very good it's the rest of it that lets it down. That and the subtitles of course. The chap who did them could speak neither English or German but that didn't stop him putting in English subtitles. 

Regards Lez. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Pharmacy tech? Is that one of the folks who automatically reorder your repeat prescription and tell you to ring and check that it's ready? Which you do, yet when you turn up to collect it, it is always going to be ten or fifteen minutes before it's ready? 

So you stand there watching the staff sort, bag, label and pigeonhole prescriptions for people who aren't stood waiting for them? 

Or is that the job of the pharmacist? :jester:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

We do all the work and Pharmacists get all the money. Actually I do blister packs and lots of admin. I don't do walk ins. We make the pre reg do walk ins.

Regards Lez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

The film in question is "The Battle of Sutjeska". There are two versions the short one is about 3:30 hrs and the long version is over 5 hours. The short one is better but only because it isn't over 5 hours long. Treat yourselves some time when you are waiting for gloss paint to dry. I will say the combat scenes are actually very good it's the rest of it that lets it down. That and the subtitles of course. The chap who did them could speak neither English or German but that didn't stop him putting in English subtitles. 

Regards Lez. 

I know the one that you mean. Try watching it with Ukrainian subtitles. It's still more believable than Force Ten from Navarone, which isn't a classic in Lugansk either.....

11 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

We do all the work and Pharmacists get all the money. Actually I do blister packs and lots of admin. I don't do walk ins. We make the pre reg do walk ins.

Regards Lez.

That sounds about right. Is the pre reg some kind of new graduate gopher or a short one eyed yellow guy in dungarees and a snorkel mask?

Actually, there is a conspiracy theory that says that all pharmacies inside supermarkets are paid a commission to make people wait 15 minutes regardless. 

The only thing that they can do is wander around the shop buying c2ap you don't actually need just to kill time...

Edited by MrWolf
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

A pre reg is the lowest form of animal life in a pharmacy. The have finished their degree but they have to work as an intern for a year before they can register with the Royal Soc. hence pre reg. Techs are also registered with the Soc. but we don't have to intern because WE work for a living.

Regards Lez.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I understand that one totally. It's the difference between Engineers and Engineers.

Having read an engineer's report I had written on a problem that we were having, the Engineer (who was about twelve and had twirled less spanners than my girlfriend) came over to where I was carving bits of steelwork about with a plasma cutter and thanked me for sorting out a solution. He then added "You didn't strike me as a university type, but I see you have a degree."

I told him that I didn't have a degree. I have two, I just don't like offices.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Sadly this is true. Which is why I have so many bookshelves in the railway room.

Regards Lez.

Me too. The layout is designed so that IKEA Kallax shelves on castors fit under the baseboards.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I have the opposite problem. By the time I was eight years old I had an above adult average reading ability. 

I had begun to read anything that I could find that interested me. I read very quickly and can get through the average novel in a night. Articles with photographs that I can relate the masses of technical detail to I find very useful. The downside is that I can get through a magazine in 20 minutes. That's about £12 an hour at model railway magazine prices.

When I was young I used to read anything and everything. I didn't enjoy the phone book though. Too many characters and not enough plot.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Too many characters and not enough plot.

Pretty much sums up Rmweb............

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

And yes..........now yer drawers are tidy, where this Goods shed.......;)

R

• Agree 3

No more avoidance behaviour.

Goods shed.

Never read the telephone book and I didn't want to sound all superior to those whose reading extends only to looking for rude words in the dictionary. 

For all my efforts I still ended up poor as a crow...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I understand that one totally. It's the difference between Engineers and Engineers.

Having read an engineer's report I had written on a problem that we were having, the Engineer (who was about twelve and had twirled less spanners than my girlfriend) came over to where I was carving bits of steelwork about with a plasma cutter and thanked me for sorting out a solution. He then added "You didn't strike me as a university type, but I see you have a degree."

I told him that I didn't have a degree. I have two, I just don't like offices.

Sounds just like some landscape architects aka garden designers I've had the misfortune to work with. Yes I know it looks good on paper but have you tried getting a triple in there and my personal favourite yes the berries on yew are poisonous so no its not a good idea to have yew  in a play area.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It has been designed and drawn by an engineer, the order has been placed by said engineer

295EB50F-31E3-41E9-8E54-E17AADE10EFC.jpeg.b52c55401145e38b1ca03bf31a2c1504.jpeg

I’ve just looked at my order and it’s not gone to the printer yet, it’s not due to be dispatched till 19th March

Unfortunately I’ve not ordered anything from Shapeways since Brexit so I don’t know what happens when it gets into the UK regarding import duty/VAT etc

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold
On 05/03/2021 at 13:29, Winslow Boy said:

I thought engineers built it, then draw up the plans.:P

Very close! what usually happens here at work is that I do the design and detail drawings then the manufacturers make it wrong so I have to change the drawing to suit

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 minute ago, chuffinghell said:

Very close! what usually happens here is I do the design and detail drawings then the manufacturers make it wrong so I have to change the drawing to suit

I believe that's is what they call in line improvements or for those of a less nervous disposition ' who the b.......... Hell drew this up. Oh him I should have known. ;)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I have started to try and weather the inner platform using powders, trying to follow in@NHY 581’s hoof prints of applying a matt varnish first which does actually appear to help

I wasn’t going to post a photo till it was finished so here’s a sneak peek

17ACEED6-9A93-4956-9382-E1A1D06E5686.jpeg.477cf372ad6ddf68ca045c594e8fb3a6.jpeg

I’m pleased with how my steps have turned out, whether I can replicate it at the other end is another matter entirely.

I’m not going to attack the ‘wood’ until I’ve done the ‘stone’

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I admire your skills in designing these items that you have 3D printed Chris, why not just build it out of Wills sheets or slaters stone effect sheets. I mean why keep supporting the French economy? It's not like you don't have the skills mate.

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

17 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Whilst I admire your skills in designing these items that you have 3D printed Chris, why not just build it out of Wills sheets or slaters stone effect sheets. I mean why keep supporting the French economy? It's not like you don't have the skills mate.

Regards Lez.

Well said Lezz.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1