• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's a relief really, I've had a long and tiring day of blowing houses in... ;)

Between me and you if you’re gonna build a house out of sticks or straw you’re kinda asking for it

Don’t go down the chimney of the brick one, you’ll burn your bum! There’s a key under the doormat ;)

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Although I can huff and puff better now that I have quit smoking, when it comes to flattening houses of straw, sticks or bricks, the dive-bomber option wins hands down....

Edited by MrWolf
Typing with hind paws again...
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Although I can huff and puff better now that I have quit smoking, when it comes to flattening houses of straw, sticks or bricks, the dive-bomber option wins hands down....

Only if you have air superiority...…

Regards Lez.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, MrWolf said:

But surely only if there's a neighbouring bridge with a bus on it?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'd say that the squares are different shades of grey, but the markings are the same shade of grey. I don't see the point of the question, otherwise. That's just me, though.

I don't remember how the question for the image was originally phrased, so I just made something up on the spot that may not be the best way to word it. Maybe "Are the tiles marked A and B different shades of grey?" would be better.

However, the point is to show how easily our eyes can be fooled. CH worked it out logically, that they are probably the same shade. Load the pic in to something like Photoshop and check.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I wasn’t sure whether to put holes in the back or not for where the downpipes are going to go (well the water has to run off somewhere) but if it doesn’t look right I’ve got just enough of the textured platform left to do a plain one because the first one I cut out was too small, the second one was the right size but I slipped with the knife and scratched the textured surface

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Looking good, I especially like the curved ends to the valencing. Will it be sited below the gutter level of the main roof? 

Thanks Rob, it was the curve I struggled with when I tried to do it with length of left over Peco stuff, I cut it into strips and got the curve but the holes didn’t look right...hence having one printed instead.

Yes the plan is to have the canopy under the main guttering and for it to have its own separate downpipes, hoped I get away with doing that

• Like 4

That makes sense, I was thinking about how the canopy over my friends shop works (it's about 20' long) The top slopes back towards the wall very slightly and there's three or four holes about 1-1/2"  exiting into a drainpipe underneath it before dropping vertical one end into the drain.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 19/11/2020 at 19:41, chuffinghell said:

Oh f...canal

template

630711E2-6B62-499C-83C0-D6EE7F95F889.jpeg.ee2fd626a403672bbecf05c70426a91f.jpeg

AC067AB8-BB40-4884-BDFA-1B8A272FE282.jpeg.ef39879ddcf59469f8031af7f3ba0a0c.jpeg

Timber version, I’ve put a ‘dam’ at the end to stop the resin pouring out.....

4EFCF867-15EF-4B12-9D86-E19D95D2E1A1.jpeg.3c727f882b05f60de6519c25b6876966.jpeg

5598E8FA-6EFE-48BB-A042-AF71AC41E6E3.jpeg.c3a7882e3dd96cbc783d6f91db9d1a15.jpeg

.....not that I’m anywhere near that stage yet

Thats as far as I’m going with the canal at the moment as I can now look at fitting the bridge and finishing the road

I realise I'm coming to this extremely late in the day but normally a towpath would be on the downhill side of a canal so that the extra thickness of any earthworks was there to help stop leaks. Industries would be on the side opposite the towpath (which is a public right of way), for security so your proposed pump house opposite the towpath is fine.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Martin S-C said:

I realise I'm coming to this extremely late in the day but normally a towpath would be on the downhill side of a canal so that the extra thickness of any earthworks was there to help stop leaks. Industries would be on the side opposite the towpath (which is a public right of way), for security so your proposed pump house opposite the towpath is fine.

I assumed it would be better for the tow path to be on the same side as the pump house to make it easier for a horse that was towing a load of coal for delivery to the pump house

I thought the tow path could perhaps be privately owned and so not be a public right of way

It would cause too many problems to try and change it now but Warren contains many errors so at least I’m consistent with my inconsistencies :lol:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

You're right, now is not the time to make such a huge change, I did want to point it out though. Factories and other facilities are almost always on the side of a canal away from the towing path for reasons of security. A horse drawn boat would simply be either poled across or a bridge would be built at places of industries to allow animal access but it is your model so you are free to do as you wish!

Edited by Martin S-C
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I assumed it would be better for the tow path to be on the same side as the pump house to make it easier for a horse that was towing a load of coal for delivery to the pump house

I thought the tow path could perhaps be privately owned and so not be a public right of way

It would cause too many problems to try and change it now but Warren contains many errors so at least I’m consistent with my inconsistencies :lol:

Rule 1 Chris, and I would never have known that mate.

• Agree 2