• RMweb Gold

Yeh I too have heard that there were issues but the web site is still up so I guess that you can at least ask them if it's still available. If they don't get back to you then that's an answer of sorts. I do know for sure that Slaters took back their wagon kits and I believe their coach kits as well although the coach kits have yet to be reissued. I think there is an issue with instructions but hey that's just what I've heard I don't know for sure.

Regards Lez.

• RMweb Gold

I too keep all my instruction sheets...well you never know do you? For instance I'm real glad I kept the instructions for the Craftsman 1F as I scored one on eBay that had none. The drawing isn't bad either.

Regards Lez.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Yeh I too have heard that there were issues but the web site is still up so I guess that you can at least ask them if it's still available.

I tried to place an order on the webshite and it wouldn’t take me to the payment page so I don’t think they are trading

I did wonder if it would be worth doing a drawing based on what I have and see how well they would 3D print

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold

Then they should take down the website and sell the tooling to someone who can produce models. We have lost too many excellent products by people who can't walk the walk taking over small concerns and failing to produce.

Regards Lez.  

• Agree 5

It's a damn shame. When I was a teenager in the 1980s, Cooper Craft, under the auspices of the original owner, provided me with the opportunity to build "proper" railway models. Otherwise, if I had to rely on RTR or unaffordable finescale kits, I'd probably have found another hobby. 

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Coopercraft have an appaling reputation as of late. 

Best avoided. 

Rob. 

It’s a real shame because the few kits I have managed to get in the past have been really good and more importantly easy to build

• Agree 2

On 13/11/2021 at 12:27, chuffinghell said:

I’ve spent too much time worrying about things not being prototypical or right that it’s actually slowed/stopped me doing what the layout was originally intended……as a hobby for fun, enjoyment and to allow me to escape the reality of the working week

Obviously I want it to look feasible but not to the point where I end up stopping because of concerns about how ‘those in the know’ would condemn my efforts as ‘wrong’

I deal with this by creating a completely fictional line in an alternate version of 1910s-1920s Britain. I find it both very cathartic and immensely liberating to model this way. I still enjoy keeping to UK railway practice as regards safety, BoT rules and all of that, but the rest of the fine detail is subservient to my enjoyment.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...