• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Don't overthink it Chris, what you've done is very, very good.

Some inconsistancies add to the realism, to my mind, if you make it too perfect and pristine it would look too clinical and artificial.

Something you might want to try - but I suggest you try it out on a spare piece - is to dry brush some light grey along the length of the floorboards to weather them.

Al.

I will definitely try that because the flooring does still look a bit lifeless, I’ve got some washes of various colours so I’ll experiment with those too

As far as inconsistencies go the Station masters OCD flared up and his guys were ordered to rip up the boards and replace them with matching boards

CD526562-8054-4A3C-86BA-68497A03FEA4.jpeg.c841e6307b12df0908fb0f1623a6e8d0.jpeg

Luckily I managed to ‘pop it’ out and luckier still I'd forgotten to wash out my airbrush and there was enough left in the pot for a respray (fortune favours the brave...or the daft)

• Like 7
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if I’ll be awarded the RMWEB award for taking the longest to kit bash a station building

Otherwise known as the ‘pull your finger out and get it done’ award

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

@Alister_G you’re a star!

I experimented with powders and washes and in the end settled for a Vallejo pale grey game wash

sploshed it on (technical term) and then with a stiff flat dry brush went up and down the length of the planks and got this

38765316-18D8-4F1B-8C59-BE3F95BCC7CA.jpeg.83bf129a9e89faeeed79585c8355c484.jpeg

A18786E8-29FF-48C0-9F54-AB20853349C6.jpeg.aeb7b80bbbadbedd68e04c64cf2323a0.jpeg

looks like it’s been polished :lol: be a shame to go over it with Matt varnish but I don’t really want any reflective surfaces

Did it as randomly as my OCD would allow :blink: but it does look better than a flat lifeless colour

Thanks Al

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Looks brilliant Chris - are you going to make the fireplace (and doors) available to buy on Shapeways?

I could do, the drawing I did comprised of the fireplace and three doors as one file to keep the cost down but I can easily do it as two separate files

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

I could do, the drawing I did comprised of the fireplace and three doors as one file to keep the cost down but I can easily do it as two separate files

You have mail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Thanks Chris, I'd be happy with that. There's a few odds and sods I want from them in the next couple of months...

• RMweb Gold

I definitely need help!

6ACFEBD9-C38E-41C0-BBA1-B98BECBF4893.jpeg.4636b19340991f17e1cb54fc357c216e.jpeg

Looks pretty good though painted with gold paint

13EDCCD9-E3A5-4286-8127-4E4A32FD169B.jpeg.f5e66f87658598e9d478bda84d943f03.jpeg

just need to have a look around to see what I can use for the coal scuttle/bucket

I did have some Slaters plastic fire buckets I thought I could modify....but I can’t find them....typical

BEE54F6E-D60D-4D91-91BE-ECA05344D750.jpeg.fe18c39e9b44627c85ecbd2445e63ba9.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Modelling insanity at its finest. It reminds me of when Andy York organised a tour of Pendon and they started pointing out what was inside the buildings. Now how about a phone for the booking clerks office :-)

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, pirouets said:

Modelling insanity at its finest. It reminds me of when Andy York organised a tour of Pendon and they started pointing out what was inside the buildings. Now how about a phone for the booking clerks office :-)

I think insanity pretty much sums it up :lol:

Whilst rummaging around in my ‘odds n s*ds’ box I found a springside bucket

F5A638F1-E1D7-4980-8BE4-6700FB45FB47.jpeg.abd4fff0f83beee7bcfa3c045b290502.jpeg

So I broke off the handle, drilled a hole as big as I dared, squished it and filled the top with a half round needle file

D75613AD-C717-4CA9-A522-7D3BC0339FE0.jpeg.c22557e70ef41336cf8de259f41bb9b8.jpeg

Still needs a little refinement though

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

They are lollipop sticks, that's a 1:12 scale model.

Many thanks for the ongoing support and inspiration from yourself and @Alister_G’s modelling

I’m sure I’m not the only one who benefits from your modelling

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve attempted to make some sort of wooden bench using the plasticard flooring

19EB1F51-6365-441A-849C-64D650655612.jpeg.9db8d0f5adcadba722a8c345c990e7d9.jpeg

I think the lady in the waiting room might be showing too much leg for the mid-late thirties and personally I think it’s rude to wear sunglasses inside :lol:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 8
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Would it have been acceptable for both men and women to share a waiting room during the mid to late thirties say if they were a married couple?

Or would men and women still be separated?

Edited by chuffinghell

• RMweb Gold

The station would definitely have been built with separate waiting rooms for ladies and gentleman, and I would have expected that to still be the standard practice in the Pre-war (2nd) period.

Al.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

The station would definitely have been built with separate waiting rooms for ladies and gentleman, and I would have expected that to still be the standard practice in the Pre-war (2nd) period.

Al.

That’s what I had assumed so I just wasn’t sure I’d get away with putting both men and women in the waiting room

but if challenged I’ll use the married couple excuse or rule #1

• Like 2