Farish Thompson Coaches

Crepello

• 1 month later...

Sadly there are no maroon versions in the first batch.

Following the same pattern as the Hawksworth coaches, which suggests maroon will come a year or two later.  As a sales strategy I'm afraid it does work, I've bought GWR and crimson/cream Hawksworth coaches that I probably wouldn't own if the maroon ones had arrived first.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Seen at Alexandra Palace today, samples of the fake teak finish on the N Gauge Thompsons. Incredibly impressive work by Bachmann. 

DE9B0F60-7D53-4D70-B6C0-359AA8DE2827.jpeg.9eb204fbcfc1c81b9584172669729eef.jpeg1DC2FC26-E8A4-420F-A3D4-4AF96F7B1B56.jpeg.563be3d3562991539c0ed2b23436f816.jpeg

Tom. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Shiney Sheff said:

ooh, they do look good, glad I have ordered mine with the anticipated ( from a certain big box shifter ) delivery date being May.

This May?

See the thread on Planned Farish releases - says January next, unless I'm reading it wrongly.

2 hours ago, R Marshall said:

This May?

See the thread on Planned Farish releases - says January next, unless I'm reading it wrongly.

Oh, Looks like someone must have their wire crossed. At least it gives me more time to save up.

Edited by Shiney Sheff

• 2 months later...
On 19/07/2018 at 11:06, gelboy45 said:

Some future Scottish numbers would be good.

Gerry

I cannot remember ever having seen model coaches with Scottish number prefixes.  I'd certainly like to have some - perhaps I should indulge in a little renumbering with decals.

On 07/09/2018 at 22:42, dpgibbons said:

Sadly there are no maroon versions in the first batch.

Not a problem for me.  Whilst I prefer maroon to crimson & cream on full-sized coaches, in model form the maroon ones look rather drab & muddy to my eyes.  I eagerly await the crimson & cream ones.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 00:20, HowardGreen said:

Not a problem...

For those who do want Maroons, it could be different and very much a problem for them. Given the lengthy wait for livery variations to arrive and the average* 20% year on year hike, Maroon Thompsons have the potential to cost in at either £57 (2 years) £69 (3 years) maybe even £82 (4 years) each by the time they arrive; less any shop discounting of course. Bachmanns precedent for delaying a livery release is currently 5 years between the 00 Portholes appearing and the Maroon versions arriving; so that 4 year figure isn't hyperbole, it could possibly go to 5 years and an even higher sum.

Will I pay the current price forecast? Probably, because I want to replicate some workings and to do that will need a fair few to be prototype faithful, but can and probably will whittle that down to one CK and TK. I certainly won't wait for Maroon to arrive though, it could potentially work out cheaper for me to buy the first release and send them Mercig to do a repaint; depending how soon Maroon liveried models arrive. And sadly that's not a comment made in jest...

* some items haven't seen a 20% year on year hike, others have had a much greater increase. Across the range it averages in at nearly 20%.