Farish Thompson Coaches

Crepello

7 hours ago, justin1985 said:

And the relationship between the UK importers/agents like Bachmann and the Chinese factories seems increasingly like "like it or lump it"

Back in the 80s I had a job with a knitwear company owned by a Hong Kong company.  We got a large order for a well known department store chain.   Our quality control was not the best and in the end the department store sent a couple of people down to discuss the issue.  They spoke for ten minutes about what they were looking for and then the Chinese Manager said, this is my factory and we will make our product as we want to.  The meeting is over.    I lost my job a weeks later.

Don't think very much has changed.

• Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/07/2020 at 00:09, dpgibbons said:

At risk of restarting a long running debate, the darker red appears to be the "official" BS381C 540 shade adopted by most railway paint manufacturers, whilst their earlier coaches carry a lighter shade nearer to 564 which many feel is closer to the mark (see link). 

https://www.paragonpaints.co.uk/BS381C-Colours.html?page=2 

Perhaps the explanation is colour scaling, which says that shades are perceived as paler when seen from further away - a particular issue with N, given the greater scale viewing distance.

http://www.009.cd2.com/members/how_to/colour.htm

Frankly, my biggest issue on this point is that the Dapol and Farish versions of this livery are currently so far apart that they look wrong mixed in the same rake.

Indeed, i have made a lighter shade cream wash  and a deeper crimson wash add gone over my Dapols ( all 9, what a pain...)

Carefull not  to cover the details ( lettering, linings), just the larger panels  -once coverage is more than 80% the the eye cant distinguish  between similar shades from about a foot away ...

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I have just noted that myself, interesting

Not really I wouldn't say, it simply means that they are out of stock at Barwell.

It would be lovely to think some will follow in BR lined maroon, but judging by Bachmann's current glacial progress of getting anything done in N, I suspect that if they happen at all it will not be for many years.

Roy

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Stefen1988 said:

After the announcement of Thompson Coaches in Maroon for 00, do you think we get finally ones for N with the next quartal?

No.

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Stefen1988 said:

After the announcement of Thompson Coaches in Maroon for 00, do you think we get finally ones for N with the next quartal?

Were these used in Scotland in the BR Era?

After an exchange with Bachman today I can almost guarantee that will be a no.

best

Scott. 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stefen1988 said:

Were these used in Scotland in the BR Era?

Yes.  I have photos in my research material of BSKs on Perth/Edinburgh. That’s just off the top of my head, I’d need to dig further for other examples. 

Best

Scott. 

11 hours ago, scottystitch said:

After an exchange with Bachman today I can almost guarantee that will be a no.

best

Scott. 

Hi Scott

That is disappointing as it was a really logical follow on and given their metal construction I would think quite a few survived long enough to receive the maroon livery.

Hopefully it means the focus in 2023 will be Mk1s and further runs of the more bread and butter items. 

Regards

Roy

• Funny 1

On 03/11/2022 at 18:30, Roy L S said:

Hi Scott

That is disappointing as it was a really logical follow on and given their metal construction I would think quite a few survived long enough to receive the maroon livery.

Hopefully it means the focus in 2023 will be Mk1s and further runs of the more bread and butter items. 

Regards

Roy

Yeah bring on more Mk2s in green - they're bound to fly off the shelves.