Farish new TEA tankers

Crepello

it's a shame they are only doing 3 liveries and that they are so expensive.

anyway the design drawings look good but I'll probably sit this one out and wait to see what other liveries they produce in the future.

I think they are due out next year?

Tim

• RMweb Premium

Agreed Tim. I'd have preferred at least one of the earlier liveries, e.g. Shell BP. I think we should ''encourage'' Bachmann to produce tankers with different numbers (as per the Revolution models) as tanker numbers are big and prominent, even in N gauge, especially as they have numbers on the end too. Even if this put up the price, it would save a lot of work and expense on transfers. Maybe a 'set of 4, or 5, or 6.......?

t's a shame they are only doing 3 liveries and that they are so expensive.

anyway the design drawings look good but I'll probably sit this one out and wait to see what other liveries they produce in the future.

I think they are due out next year?

Tim

This pic of the EP version of the TEA was published in the NGS Journal (issue 3/18) and is courtesy of Bachmann - so most N gauge enthusiasts will have seen it:

post-33-0-54404900-1531073202_thumb.jpg

I don't think re-painting them in to different liveries and re-numbering will be difficult (at least not for modellers). Plus it might be better to do that rather than wait a year or two and find the price has increased even further.

G.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Which liveries are they doing, and how much are they? I’ve not seen any press.

Esso grey with large red stripe - 70s-80s

BP green with yellow solebars -80s-90s

Gulf black with orange stripe and weathered - 70s-80s

RRP around £40-43

Personally, the only livery required is this one.....

post-29514-0-10724500-1531078918_thumb.jpg

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

EP does look good - I wonder if bogies will be available on their own or hopefully compatible with ATM bogies .

I can see the weathering folk having a ball.

They will have to lift the "bar" high to get up to the Revolution model of the latest rail bulk oil carriers. 

Robert 

EP does look good - I wonder if bogies will be available on their own or hopefully compatible with ATM bogies .

I don't think Farish have previously made N gauge bogies available separately and I can't see them starting now. But the NGS sell 5'6" Gloucester bogies and will shortly be selling ESC1 types that are suitable.

it would be good if farish did triple packs with different running numbers as mentioned above

they have done them for smaller 4 wheel wagons i notice

I mean not many people are going to buy just one of these wagons are they... realistically I should think most people want at least 8 or so to make up a rake of them

anyway farish please take note ;-)

Tim

I don't think Farish have previously made N gauge bogies available separately and I can't see them starting now. But the NGS sell 5'6" Gloucester bogies and will shortly be selling ESC1 types that are suitable.

Grahame,

The N gauge society may have at one point sold bogies, but I have been a member now for almost 3 years and in that time any kits including bogies have been unavailable. It’s a very frustrating situation as I have a list as long as my arm of wagons I want but I’m unable to purchase. I feel that fixing the problem with these should have taken president over producing new items like the shunter.

Carl

The N gauge society may have at one point sold bogies, but I have been a member now for almost 3 years and in that time any kits including bogies have been unavailable. It’s a very frustrating situation as I have a list as long as my arm of wagons I want but I’m unable to purchase. I feel that fixing the problem with these should have taken president over producing new items like the shunter

Kits not being available doesn't mean that the NGS does not sell bogies and it has done so for at least the last 3 years. If you check here you'll see a list (some of which are OOS and others that you can currently order although it is generally the 'modern' ones that are OOS) : http://www.ngsjoin.com/bogies-and-buffers-37-c.asp   And the NGS will be adding a number of other bogies to its range very soon including the GPS22, NACCO axle motion, Ride Control and ESC1. 

One issue with bogies has been that the coupling pocket tool was broken and finding someone to repair it has taken a long time but that is now done. There would have been little point in holding up development of other products (like the shunter) while that was being sorted out. But I appreciate it has been frustrating.

I also believe that the bogie timber carriers have recently been on sale. It's often a matter of checking the website to see what is available as items get snapped up quickly.

G

• RMweb Premium

Yep, I got the last 4 of the KSA timber carriers, but understand it will be "some months" before they're back in again, which is frustrating as I want a lot more than 4! Seems to be a recurring trend. I'm sure it's not as easy as 'make more of things' but that would seem to be a solution!

But we digress!

Yep, I got the last 4 of the KSA timber carriers, but understand it will be "some months" before they're back in again, which is frustrating as I want a lot more than 4!

There's mention and reason given about the timber carrier kits on the NGS on-line e-group/forum. Probably best to progress and continue the discussion there.

G

Edited by grahame

• 1 year later...

The new Farish TEA bogie tanker wagons are now with retailers. Expect to pay around £36.50 each. Three that I ordered were delivered today. They are very nice and finely detailed. I'll try and get some photos taken and post them here.

G

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Crepello said:

Pity they don't do several numbers (they're quite prominent) as this seems standard practice across the trade now.

Yep, but it tends to be the way they do business and produce models; an original release batch of three different liveries/numbers. No more no less. Untill the next batch that is, which is often dependant on sales and production slots.

I've purchased three; all the same livery and number. It'll mean having to undertake a little modelling activity to re-number and weather, which will, of course, individualise them.

• RMweb Premium

Great looking Model.....I have the ESSO ones too.....will be added to the 15 or so TTAs that I have mainly debranded.....including 6 I picked up for about £30 just a year or so ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crepello said:

They do look a big improvement on the Poole ones. I'm hoping some more early liveries will be announced in January.

They are a massive improvement over the Poole version. A far better fit of the tank body parts, new correct bogies, etched ladders/walkways and extra fine underframe detail.

I guess whether they do more batches in the future will be dependant on sales performance of this initial batch and production slots available at their factory. Plus chances are is that should they do more liveries they still might not be what you want and possibly will be more expensive. And you'll probably have to re-number them.

Consequently it might be an idea to purchase now and re-livery, re-number and weather them yourself. 

• Thanks 1