NEW Class 156

charliepetty

Everyone will have a view that differs for sure although I do not see the colour of cab window frames as weathering personally. From delivery in early 88 until around early 89, Feb approx the unit did run with black cab windows. I am of course only highlighting 418 here. Then you have the significant window well into the mid 90's when the unit was visually different with the example being released. If you model 1988 only then perfect but clearly with the silver cab windows the life is much longer. Bachmann have released a 150 variant not weathered and with the correct silver cab windows for the unit being modelled.

On 06/04/2019 at 20:23, charliepetty said:

When we know shipping dates we will contact all customers.   The Sound deposit is on the site now.     Charlie

Great, thanks Charlie - how much is the DCC sound option? Cheers, Jim

£130.00 for two sound decoders (ESU Version 5 Locked)  £30.00 Deposit to secure the sound ones.

Charlie

29 minutes ago, cs233 said:

Everyone will have a view that differs for sure although I do not see the colour of cab window frames as weathering personally. From delivery in early 88 until around early 89, Feb approx the unit did run with black cab windows. I am of course only highlighting 418 here. Then you have the significant window well into the mid 90's when the unit was visually different with the example being released. If you model 1988 only then perfect but clearly with the silver cab windows the life is much longer. Bachmann have released a 150 variant not weathered and with the correct silver cab windows for the unit being modelled.

I totally agree 'BUT' we are making 5 different models, we have added an additional £40.00 already by producing:

5 Different Number versions, 10 different destinations & Sprinter & Super Sprinter variations.  I think the units are dear enough as they are, customers do have a ceiling to what they want to pay and we are over that now.

Sorry but we cannot do everything. 

PPS did you notice the Bachmann Model has the colours totally wrong sadly.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cs233 said:

Everyone will have a view that differs for sure although I do not see the colour of cab window frames as weathering personally.

To quote you from Friday:

number of the Provincial units had the black paint wear off very quickly

Paint wearing off is weathering, just as is paint fading, getting chipped/scratched/etc is.

9 hours ago, mdvle said:

To quote you from Friday:

Paint wearing off is weathering, just as is paint fading, getting chipped/scratched/etc is.

I would concur if some paint is worn off chipped etc, when 100% of the paint is gone and then the condition not corrected e.g. for 6 plus years I am not so sure, the unit had many exams and works attention and yet BR decided to leave as is. The units visually appear significantly different with the silver exposed cab frames.

I understand Charlie about the costs although will switch my order to a different model rather than 418, as the other running numbers including 438 which was part of the earlyish batches did not suffer the paint being removed. Will discuss the switching of models nearer the time. The paint used at Washwood Heath must have been changed as it was only the very early build 156 units in which the paint was useless and came off within months and was never corrected.

• 1 month later...
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:46, cs233 said:

I think it depends what people are happy with? The model of 156418 being released is accurate for a period of less than 12 months. If it was revised as stated it would be accurate until around late 1995 to mid 1996. Again perhaps being fussy but for the prices being requested I think the point remains valid. 

While I understand where your coming from -  the fact is that you have raised the issue and the company has said that the release will be a new ex-works unit into traffic. This will satisfy a great many of those who will still buy the model. If your wanting silver windows, a paint-pen, which will cost all of 2.50 ish will give you the effect that you want and allow easy application.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Posca-PC-1MC-Extra-fine-bullet-tip-Paint-Marker-Art-Pen-Fabric-Glass-Metal-Stone/142471927251?epid=1805443977&hash=item212bfd15d3:m:mKgnD427MIQxkswReJCeovg

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

While I understand where your coming from -  the fact is that you have raised the issue and the company has said that the release will be a new ex-works unit into traffic. This will satisfy a great many of those who will still buy the model. If your wanting silver windows, a paint-pen, which will cost all of 2.50 ish will give you the effect that you want and allow easy application.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Posca-PC-1MC-Extra-fine-bullet-tip-Paint-Marker-Art-Pen-Fabric-Glass-Metal-Stone/142471927251?epid=1805443977&hash=item212bfd15d3:m:mKgnD427MIQxkswReJCeovg

It cannot be a new from the factory model as the exhaust is in a rusty finish as per the images released. The fact remains 156418 with a rusty exhaust and the cab windows 'as is' never did run in such a configuration based on significant photographic evidence. Unless a silver pen is used to change the exhaust colour for modellers covering such a limited period?

Edited by cs233

9 hours ago, cs233 said:

It cannot be a new from the factory model as the exhaust is in a rusty finish as per the images released. The fact remains 156418 with a rusty exhaust and the cab windows 'as is' never did run in such a configuration based on significant photographic evidence. Unless a silver pen is used to change the exhaust colour for modellers covering such a limited period?

Ghee,

A few years ago we were stuck with the Limby 156 model... now we are arguing over weathered window surrounds and rusty exhausts!!!!

i ‘I think that 99% of modellers/collectors/fanatics will be happy with the model as is...  the model already sets the standards for others to beat, and the care and attention that Charlie spends getting these models as good as they can be for the price point should be commended.

• Agree 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, cs233 said:

HI

The fact of the mater is this .

If you want one Get one,  If you dont then why worry .

Regards Arran

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

On 21/05/2019 at 17:20, arran said:

HI

The fact of the mater is this .

If you want one Get one,  If you dont then why worry .

Regards Arran

Indeed the model is superb and the other running numbers are fine it was only 156418 that the comments were the focus of. As said in an earlier message will opt for one of the other running numbers. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 22/05/2019 at 19:49, cs233 said:

Indeed the model is superb and the other running numbers are fine it was only 156418 that the comments were the focus of. As said in an earlier message will opt for one of the other running numbers. 

If Charlie adds silver window frames to just one of the five variants being produced then I'd imagine that this would make a reasonable difference to production cost; or maybe it is simply too late at this stage to make further amendments.  Anyhow, as already explained the model as it stands with black frames is technically correct for an ex-works machine.  And besides, who would be the first to complain that 156418 was out-shopped with black frames and not silver...   :rolleyes:   Look at it this way, if you choose to add your own silver frames then you will have something slightly unique.  :)

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 3

22 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

So am I right I’m thinking that a DCC sound fitted model will cost £360?

Have you tried asking Realtrack models !!!!!!!

As 'officially' without guessing they will cost £340.00, but cheaper to all the supporters that pre-ordered one before 1st May 2019.

Charlie (Realtrack Models)

36 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Have you tried asking Realtrack models !!!!!!!

As 'officially' without guessing they will cost £340.00, but cheaper to all the supporters that pre-ordered one before 1st May 2019.

Charlie (Realtrack Models)

By posting the question on here, where your good self posts, I thought I kinda was asking Realtrack Models.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Clagsniffer said:

By posting the question on here, where your good self posts, I thought I kinda was asking Realtrack Models.

The danger is if Charlie is unable to answer in a timely manner because he is busy, then others reading the read may assume your higher price mentioned is accurate thus possibly costing sales of the model.

If you really don't want to ask Realtrack directly, then just ask generically without providing what may be inaccurate information.

Jeez, I didn’t expect to get this backlash from asking a pretty simple question. Nowhere in my original post did I say that the price I was quoting was FACT, hence asking for the clarification. I can’t see how that would cost sales?

i understand Charlie can be busy but posts very regularly on here, and as this thread is about the relevant model I thought it a good place to ask it so others could see the response.

But whatever. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

Jeez, I didn’t expect to get this backlash from asking a pretty simple question. Nowhere in my original post did I say that the price I was quoting was FACT, hence asking for the clarification. I can’t see how that would cost sales?

No, you didn't state it as a fact, but:

1) you did get a reply from a 3rd party that seemed to indicated that the price you guessed at was correct

2) regrettably a lot of people don't fully read what is posted, and in their quick reading of your post many won't have registered it as a question.

4 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

i understand Charlie can be busy but posts very regularly on here, and as this thread is about the relevant model I thought it a good place to ask it so others could see the response.

Alternately, you and anyone else could have simply gone to the Realtrack website which has prices, and would have been much quicker...

And here’s me thinking that forums were for asking questions and getting information, silly me. This is the kind kind of thing that stops me posting more on this forum, you come across a thread and post a reply then you’re shot down and made to feel you’ve been stupid. I really didn’t think it was an outrageous thing to simply enquire as to the price of a model.

Apologies to those who have been misled by my enquiry :unknw_mini:

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Is there somewhere I can sign up for when more info about the next batch of liveries is produced?

Don't want to miss it but equally don't want to check the website daily.

And equally don't want to get bombarded with other products / marketing in emails.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt

1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Is there somewhere I can sign up for when more info about the next batch of liveries is produced?

Don't want to miss it but equally don't want to check the website daily.

And equally don't want to get bombarded with other products / marketing in emails.

HI

The realtrack FB page has updates of whats happening.

Regards Arran

https://www.facebook.com/Realtrack-Models-363085057357282/

• Thanks 1