NEW Class 156

charliepetty

On 24/05/2019 at 00:24, mdvle said:

then others reading the read may assume your higher price mentioned is accurate thus possibly costing sales of the model.

As my dear old tutor used to say, "Assumption is the mother of all f#*# ups!"  :rolleyes:

And with all due respect, one cannot hold a man responsible for what others may assume.  We are each responsible for our own brain cells, surely?  :)

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Is there somewhere I can sign up for when more info about the next batch of liveries is produced?

Don't want to miss it but equally don't want to check the website daily.

And equally don't want to get bombarded with other products / marketing in emails.

Yes keep looking on here.    News on the next one will be posted as and when.   Charlie

156464-2.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Better late than never!

The Provincial livery is finished, just awaiting final livery samples to check the production quality.  Not long now.    Charlie

Great news, we've got a couple of younger members of the Dolgellau group into their units and are champing at the bit to see and have a go of the 156 when it comes!

I think my credit card details may have changed since I paid the deposits - will we get an e-mail when the final amount is due so I can amend the card details as necessary?

9 hours ago, MICHAEL TANGUY said:

Hello,

Could somebody please let me know the actual functions keys for the various lights on the EMT version recently released. I am trying to put on the carriage lights with F2 but the key does'nt latch on my Prodigy Express.

Many thanks, Michael 

Hi Michael,

I think from memory the carriage lights are on F12 which should work as I use the Prodigy too.

cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1

F2 on the Prodigy isn't latching.

I wish this could be changed :/

There are potential opportunities to change whatever function is mapped to F2 though.  I did this with some Express Models lights and changed the F number to a latching one.

I have to do it again later today with another loco and try and move the F2 function to another function number.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt

• RMweb Gold

The Prodigy Express is a US system. On virtually all sound-fitted US diesels F1=bell, F2=horn so making F2 non-latching makes sense (sound is initially enabled, and can be turned on or off with F8.

F2 being non-latching makes using sound-fitted Trix models tricky, as F2 is used to turn the sound on...

On 28/06/2019 at 00:53, MICHAEL TANGUY said:

Hello,

Could somebody please let me know the actual functions keys for the various lights on the EMT version recently released. I am trying to put on the carriage lights with F2 but the key does'nt latch on my Prodigy Express.

Many thanks, Michael 

DCC Sound Functions:

F0 Daytime Running

F1 Engines Start/Stop

F2 Playable High Horn

F3 Playable Low Horn 

F4 Passenger Door Open/Close

F5 Brake Application when moving / Brake Dump when stationary

F6 Drivers Door Open/Close

F7 Compressor Speed Up

F8 Toilet Discharge

F9 Variable Speed Flange Squeal

F10 Dispatch Whistle

F11 Guard To Driver Buzzer

F12 Passenger Lighting

F13 Directional Destination Blind Light

F14 Automatic Coupling / Uncoupling Sounds

F16 PA Announcements (CV Changeable)

F17 PA Announcements (CV Changeable)

F18 Detonators

F19 Directional Cab Light

F20 Night Time Running

F21 Wabasto Carriage Heater 

DCC Announcements can be changed using CV155 (Not CV48)

• 2 weeks later...

For someone who knows what they all mean please could someone let me know what some of these sounds mean and when I should use them when I run the model:

F5 Brake Dump when stationary

F18 Detonators

F21 Wabasto Carriage Heater 

Thanks in advanced. 

Chris

F5:   When parking the loco, dump the air from the system. (Real loco would have the handbrake on)

F18:   Track maintanance gangs sent these on the track as an warning to the driver  to stop.. They also can protect the rear on the train if derailed or broken down.

F21:  If its cold you need heating.

Hope this makes sense.    Charlie

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/07/2019 at 19:08, charliepetty said:

F5:   When parking the loco, dump the air from the system. (Real loco would have the handbrake on)

F18:   Track maintanance gangs sent these on the track as an warning to the driver  to stop.. They also can protect the rear on the train if derailed or broken down.

F21:  If its cold you need heating.

Hope this makes sense.    Charlie

F21 - Until more recently on an EMT 156 you also need a smoke generator, as they often gave out plumes of smoke, with passengers thinking the unit was on fire!  Some were really, really, really bad - occasionally you could not see the other end of the coach!  

Regards,

C.

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/08/2019 at 17:36, centraltrains said:

Has anyone received their BR ones yet?

https://realtrackmodels.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=208

"Please note Pre-Orders are being shipped as we speak, please dont chase as this all takes time.    Thank you.   Charlie"

On 23/08/2019 at 21:45, Teasel Bay said:

Not yet! Keep checking here every few days to see if anyone has posted a pic of theirs!

Haha

Have you ordered one !!!!

On 05/09/2019 at 14:31, Teasel Bay said:

Steve, you beat me too it! Mine has just arrived... 

As per the instructions I have also just logged on to say once I get home and the kids are in bed I will too be enjoying my recent purchase! Thanks Charlie & Team.

If Digital, CV155 will change the Destinations, 37 different ones to choose from.

Edited by charliepetty