NEW Class 156

charliepetty

The East Midland trains ones are on there way, thank god!    At least we can get on with something.  The new Version 5 decoders from ESU are delayed, awaiting info from ESU on these.

GOOD News!    If anyone wants a Nottingham to Skegness '156410' we have them here now but no decoders to put in them!!!!

Sorry but things are currently against us on this one.

Charliepost-3411-0-82894600-1541541398_thumb.jpg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Sorry to be behind the times. Is this a Realtrack variant or Rapido? I thought it was only Realtrack that had retooled the 156?   Is there a list of other liveries that are likely to be produced?

Rapido makes them for Realtrack, so it's Realtrack.

Go to their website to see what is currently available https://www.realtrackmodels.co.uk/

Edited by mdvle

On 30/03/2019 at 10:36, Sir TophamHatt said:

Sorry to be behind the times. Is this a Realtrack variant or Rapido? I thought it was only Realtrack that had retooled the 156?   Is there a list of other liveries that are likely to be produced?

We have produced so far:

2 Versions of ScotRail Barbie First Group Livery

1 Version of ScotRail Barbie Abellio Livery

1 Version of ScoRail Saltire First Group Livery

1 Version of ScotRail Saltire Abellio Livery

4 Versions of East Midlands Trains Livery

Due in the near future:

2 Versions of Privincial Sprinter Livery

3 Versions of Provincial Super Sprinter Livery

Planned Liveries:

3 Versions of Strathclyde PTE Orange & Black 'Clockwork Orange' Livery

1 Version of Northern Purple & Blue Livery

2 Versions of Northern Abellio Purple & Blue Livery

2 versions of Northern (Arriva Trains Northern) Purple & Blue Livery

2 Versions of Express Livery

3 Versions of Central Trains Livery

2 Versions of First North Western Livery

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
Amendment
  • Like 8

Regional Railways green stripe seems to be missing from the planned list. In this livery units did get far and wide although typically limited to the NW. Maybe it has been decided it is not commercially attractive?

On 30 March 2019 at 13:45, charliepetty said:

Planned Liveries:

Thanks for the honesty :)

I appreciate some manufacturers don't want to release lists but good on you for hiding nothing and showing the plans.

I'm on it if the ex-RR/CT livery is one of the Express/CT versions!

On 30/03/2019 at 13:45, charliepetty said:

Wehave produced so far:

Due in the near future:

Planned Liveries:

Charlie

Looks like I will be after another 3. My poor bank balance!

• Like 1

More Positive News

The Sample of the New Provincial Liveried Class 156 has arrived.  The finish is now spot on.  Production now starts on getting these done:  If you have slept since we last chatted about these, then the Provincial liveries will be:

RT156-311 (156438) -'Destinations Cardiff-Portsmouth Harbour' Provincial Liveried Sprinter

RT156-312 (156497) -'Destinations Carlisle-Leeds' Provincial Liveried Super Sprinter

RT156-313 (156458) -'Destinations Inverness-Glasgow Queen Street' Provincial Liveried Super Sprinter

RT156-314 (156418) -'Destinations Liverpool-Norwich' Provincial Liveried Sprinter

RT156-315 (156452) -'Destinations Cambridge-Birmingham New Street' Provincial Liveried Super Sprinter

These units feature:

Low Profile Drive Design with hidden motor, full interior detail.

Both Cars are powered on Rear bogie allowing full underfloor details.

Micro Sound Speaker pre-fitted in each car.

Advanced DCC features including: Working Interior Lights with flicker, Working Cab Light with auto fade when leaving from a stop, Illuminated destination blinds and working door lights, with delay on closing on rear car, Day time and Night time running headlights, switchable rear red lights (These can be illuminated at both ends when parked in stations etc).

The Chassis has over 120 seperate detailing components. The bodyshells have 44 seperate components.  WOW!!!!!!!!!

Requires either

2 X ESU Non Sound Decoders, pre-programmed to work all lighting features. (A standard 'cheap' decoder will not do this).

2 X ESU Version 5 Sound Decoders, pre-programmed to work all lighting & sound features including: Twin Engine Start up, Autofade Cab Lights, Passenger carriage lighting, with startup flicker, destination blind (Directional), Bi-Directional Headlights with Day & Night running, Flushing Toilet Noise, Passenger Door Bleepers & lights (Rear car has a prototypical delay on light going off), Playable directional horns on leading car only, Guard to driver Buzzer, 16 CV Changeable destinations including the above routes), compressor Run Up when stationery, Air brake Release, Wabasto Heater, Air Conditioning Unit, Seperate Drivers door Open-Close, Right away whistle.

Now that's more exciting than a Hornby Class 156, using the wrong bodshell for the New Northern RAF livery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And 'NO' lighting or dcc features,

Oh sorry I sould have said the 25 year old Lima Class 156 with a new motor & couplings.    Sorry.

156 Model Liveries Provincial & EMT.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
Amendment
  • Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Not trying to be too picky but unless things have changed 156418 had silver front cab windows in all pictures I can find from 1989 and later. All Provincial units left the factory with a black painted engine block from memory where as the model seems to contain grey/silver from the images? Again being too picky perhaps...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cs233 said:

Not trying to be too picky but unless things have changed 156418 had silver front cab windows in all pictures I can find from 1989 and later. All Provincial units left the factory with a black painted engine block from memory where as the model seems to contain grey/silver from the images? Again being too picky perhaps...

Honestly, we cannot do every variation.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/156418/   Honest Charlie

156418 in 1988 had the standard black front window frames but by early 89 these were silver, it seems that a number of the Provincial units had the black paint wear off very quickly but specifically 418. Understand about the variations not being pracitcal but from information I can find 418 for nearly all of its life in Provincial had silver cab windows.

1952200003_156418Sep89.JPG.c0733856aa645d88cbffdacb37b9c007.JPG

That picture Arran it was virtually brand new but within a very short time of operating the long distance East Anglia to NW routes the black paint did wear off. I make it by approx Feb 89 the black paint was gone and the condition not revised until it then did receive the later revised RR 'Express' livery.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cs233 said:

That picture Arran it was virtually brand new but within a very short time of operating the long distance East Anglia to NW routes the black paint did wear off. I make it by approx Feb 89 the black paint was gone and the condition not revised until it then did receive the later revised RR 'Express' livery.

Thats called weathering !!! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 04/04/2019 at 18:18, cs233 said:

Modellers Brushed & Paint are available I think, its called modelling. But it does ruin the E.Bay prices.     Charlie

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

I think it depends what people are happy with? The model of 156418 being released is accurate for a period of less than 12 months. If it was revised as stated it would be accurate until around late 1995 to mid 1996. Again perhaps being fussy but for the prices being requested I think the point remains valid. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Charlie, these look fantastic. I have Provincial RT156-314 Class 156 418 on pre-order. When do I need to reserve the DCC sound option and pay the remainder of the balance? Cheers, Jim

On 05/04/2019 at 17:46, cs233 said:

I think it depends what people are happy with? The model of 156418 being released is accurate for a period of less than 12 months. If it was revised as stated it would be accurate until around late 1995 to mid 1996. Again perhaps being fussy but for the prices being requested I think the point remains valid. 

The model is not being offered weathered, which seems to be what you are after.

Any manufacturer cannot make everyone happy, but it is accepted that unless the model is specifically being sold as a weathered model then the livery and other paint applied reflect the unit as it was delivered or as it was released from the paint/vinyl shop.

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, mdvle said:

The model is not being offered weathered, which seems to be what you are after.

Any manufacturer cannot make everyone happy, but it is accepted that unless the model is specifically being sold as a weathered model then the livery and other paint applied reflect the unit as it was delivered or as it was released from the paint/vinyl shop.

The problem we have is I have never seen a weathered model made as RTR that looks correct, so that's difficult to start with!  I can see it now with post's saying:  Its too dirty  : The underfloor is too clean  : The roof is not dirty enough  :The Cab front has no flies stuck on it?  Sadly we cannot win on this one, I suggest TMC or Lord & Butler 'Dirty Boy' weathering for all these individule needs.

What we have tried to do is get the overall model correct, on our original research we noticed re the Provincial livery that Lima 25 years ago got the colours correct but Bachmann on their Class 150 got in wrong.   We have compared the official RAL numbers with Precision Paints colours and these appear to me nigh on correct, ala the old Lima Model.  So to make sure we got this right we did some paint swatches to be scanned in China.   Thus we have them, in our opinion as near as we can.

What more can we do, we are trying to get this correct.  Things like engines, exhaust pipes etc can be simply painted to suit your opinion of what the colour ( Shiny, Rusty or covered in Crap)

We do our best, sorry if its not good enough!   The new Hornby Class 156 in Northern RAF white has the wrong body shell completely, too many windows, roof & underfloor detail, Oh Dear !!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 30/03/2019 at 13:45, charliepetty said:

We have produced so far:

Due in the near future:

Planned Liveries:

Charlie

I'm hoping for one or more of the SPT Carmine and Cream livery to work alongside the Barbie unit that I already have.  I suppose that's a problem with so many liveries to choose from.  Hopefully SPT Carmine and Cream will make the category of 'Further Planned Liveries'.

• Agree 1