Cakebox Challenge Comp - call for entries

Andy McV

Wie wäre es mit einem eifrigen Modeller, der an der Haustür auf ihre Hattons * Lieferung wartet?

* Andere Mailorder Modellbahnverkäufer sind verfügbar.

Ja und die Lieferung enthält nur neue Schuhe für die Ehefrau.

Edited by Bergmann

When I voted I found that the survey page didn’t ask for any details, and apparently it was the same for others, including those who aren’t RMWeb members. I wonder if this means I could have voted again on another device? (I didn’t try to, obviously, just wondering why I wasn’t asked to input an email or anything for voting.)

When I voted I found that the survey page didn’t ask for any details, and apparently it was the same for others, including those who aren’t RMWeb members. I wonder if this means I could have voted again on another device? (I didn’t try to, obviously, just wondering why I wasn’t asked to input an email or anything for voting.)

You could but we do expect a degree of honesty from members. I do carry out checks on the votes as the system records the votes made, the times which they were cast and the IP addresses from which they were made. Very sadly a few people thought they could cast multiple votes for the same entries and these have been removed to ensure that any scores are as accurate as can be.

• Like 6

Very sadly a few people thought they could cast multiple votes for the same entries and these have been removed to ensure that any scores are as accurate as can be.

It is a shame that people have been doing this but is there actually a way to tell if the multiple votes are by the same person if they don’t have to log in or anything? Conversely they could be cast by different people using the same computer, for instance.

• Administrators

Andy is number crunching now so there will be a little delay. We are not going to rank the full list. That would be a bit harsh for those at the bottom as people vote for all sorts of reasons. I'll always prefer industrial scenes but that's just me. Some weirdos prefer Great Western Models apparently and would vote for these. Build quality won't be the only criteria. 

Simply building and entering a model is a success - I for one would love to bring them all together in one place as every single one is an achievement the builder can be proud of.

While we crunch numbers, can I just thank everyone who took part again. RMweb sometimes finds itself described as loads of people moaning. This competition has shown there is loads of excellent model making here, a stick I will be using to beat people who criticise with on other social media. You've certainly made us realise there is a demand for this sort of challenge so we are meeting on Wednesday to work out what we'll be getting you to do next.

• Like 8

It is a shame that people have been doing this but is there actually a way to tell if the multiple votes are by the same person if they don’t have to log in or anything? Conversely they could be cast by different people using the same computer, for instance.

If I see several votes for the same entries from the same computer within a few minutes it's safe to say someone has been a dick, especially when they are stupid enough to vote for the same layout in first, second and third places.

I absolutely loved this challenge. Oddly i really enjoyed the canvassing too, I think everyone on my floor at work now knows I am a railway modeller. I even found myself explaining p4, 00, scratchbuilding and static grass to people who have never had a previous interest in modelling as the month has gone on.

For encouraging wider interest in the hobby the timing coinciding with a certain channel 5 programme was good.

• Like 4

Andy is number crunching now so there will be a little delay. We are not going to rank the full list. That would be a bit harsh for those at the bottom as people vote for all sorts of reasons. I'll always prefer industrial scenes but that's just me. Some weirdos prefer Great Western Models apparently and would vote for these. Build quality won't be the only criteria. 

Simply building and entering a model is a success - I for one would love to bring them all together in one place as every single one is an achievement the builder can be proud of.

While we crunch numbers, can I just thank everyone who took part again. RMweb sometimes finds itself described as loads of people moaning. This competition has shown there is loads of excellent model making here, a stick I will be using to beat people who criticise with on other social media. You've certainly made us realise there is a demand for this sort of challenge so we are meeting on Wednesday to work out what we'll be getting you to do next.

I wouldn't mind if mine is at the bottom I had fun building it and if you'd like I could bring it with me to warley if you like

I put my vote in and it was very hard to chhose but it's the taking part that counts

I think a shoebox idea is next wink wink

I wouldn't mind if mine is at the bottom I had fun building it and if you'd like I could bring it with me to warley if you like

I put my vote in and it was very hard to chhose but it's the taking part that counts

I think a shoebox idea is next wink wink

Would Peterborough actually make more sense than Warley, seeing as it’s a BRM show?

Is there actually more information about the event on the 8th-9th DEZEMBER 2018 in Peterborough.

Unfortunately, I have not yet received an answer to my question. Such a meeting should perhaps also make it possible to use a shared hotel. I would also like to see an exchange among the model makers.