Cakebox Challenge Comp - call for entries

Andy McV

• RMweb Gold

I'd hope you'd also let the winners know they'd won, but as you've not contacted me, this can't be the case.

I notice the plural here. I thought there was only going to be one winner.

One main winner, voted for by the public. That's what will be announced in the magazine.

Other winners will be judged by the BRM team, categories based on the prizes we have to give away. To be honest, we were surprised how many entries came in and how good the stadard was. That and we've got stuff in the office cupboard and either it sits there or we give them away. The later sounds better to me as a thank you for all your efforts. 

There will also be a spread of entries in the January issue - I'm working on it right now.

Sounds fair enough to me.

I tend to judge a show by deciding if there are layouts I would like to build, or wish I had built.

I can honestly say that with the Cake Box entries, this is definitely the case. Some really superb modelling. 

Maybe we should actually have a show with the cake box entries and related mini layouts. At least now it’s over I can get back to consuming some of the cake boxes’ more traditional contents - I feel that cake is another important criterion for judging an exhibition... :jester:

Joking aside, is it true that digital readers already have the results and if so are the winners themselves going to be told?

I don't know - cake didn't seem to win over the judges on GMRC.

I would, however, hope that the winners get told before "Warley" - even if they are asked to keep quiet about it until the results are officially announced.

OK - I could never see this affecting me - but, if it ever were to, I could certainly be trusted not to put out spoilers - and I'm certain the same could be said of anyone around these parts.

Anyway, in case you're wondering why I'm hoping the winners can be quietly told before "Warley", if they're going to this show (but not Peterborough), this might offer a chance to photograph them, with their dioramas etc - ask them what they'd do differently if they had to build their entry a second time - and save Warners the cost of postage with any prizes.

Don't worry, guys - I could never see something like this affecting me - I just saw the whole thing as an excuse to do some experimenting.

No, the results have not been released yet. I've only just written the article this evening!

I could imagine some people suggesting that this will all be fresh in your memory (so could you please break your silence). I take a different view - although I'd like the winners to find out quickly, I'm happy to wait to find out who they are.

Huw.

I tend to judge a show by deciding if there are layouts I would like to build, or wish I had built.

I can honestly say that with the Cake Box entries, this is definitely the case. Some really superb modelling.

That's what I love about shows are the ideas you can pick up.. Esp from the N Gauge layout and finding out how they have done a particular thing..

• 4 weeks later...