Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

One thing I missed from last night's update was the paint I used. Having been frustrated by Railmatch cans in the past I looked for an alternative to 'Sleeper Grime'.

This was suggested by a friend 'in the know'.

IMG_3020.JPG.3ae4ac2e68b49fa827fe1567baf06767.JPG

A 400ml can that doesn't block!

IMG_3021.JPG.c8b439eb140f3072aa70d4b5c9f0cf95.JPG

The colour that is a very good match for Sleeper Grime.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Where from?  I’ve looked at two online art shops and although they stock Montana Black they don’t do 7140.

Paul.

Search Montana spray 7140, just the first two that pop up. 

https://www.fatbuddhastore.com/montana-black-industrillor-spray-paint-400ml-p5487

https://www.graff-city.com/spray-cans-c128/spray-paint-cans-c76/montana-spray-paint-c90/montana-black-spray-paint-p58

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

Nice Video compilation, keep up the good work on the layout.

Thanks Nigel hopefully the issues are all behind me now! Running session when you're free?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, I enjoyed the video, layout looks good and seems to be running well. I bet it was good to get some stock out after it's time in storage.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete

I hope all is well down under.

Yes it was good to get the stock out I'd forgotten I had. Its taken three years to get this far since the shed was erected and lock down certainly pushed it on a bit this year, as there's been no activity with Tidworth since October last to worry about!

Touch wood I seemed to have ironed out most of the running issues and DCC point decoder problems, so the scenery can commence, but after a bit more  playing testing.;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

Hi Pete

I hope all is well down under.

Yes it was good to get the stock out I'd forgotten I had. Its taken three years to get this far since the shed was erected and lock down certainly pushed it on a bit this year, as there's been no activity with Tidworth since October last to worry about!

Touch wood I seemed to have ironed out most of the running issues and DCC point decoder problems, so the scenery can commence, but after a bit more  playing testing.;)

Hi Ian, 

We are going ok here, lockdown is a pain but it does give me extra time in the garage.

Always nice to find stock you had forgotten, enjoy playing trains at the end of the day its what its all about. Plenty of testing now will find any track problems and save you adjusting track once you have ballasted it. 

All the best Peter.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, alexross42 said:

Watching that latest vid was like a form of therapy - fantastic selection of rolling stock and thoroughly enjoyable prototypical consists!

Thanks for the comments Alex, its all what I remember from watching at the line side, and the many YouTube videos of the period in my favourites! All the stock has been chosen/renumbered etc to be from the region in the right period. Hopefully once the scenery is started it will create the Devon 'atmosphere' whilst not being modelled on a specific prototype location, just borrowing bits!

• Like 3

Loved the video: great to see near-full length trains running at speed and from the period I remember so fondly.  Thanks for sharing - looking forward to seeing more as the layout develops.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A great layout Ian. Wonderful to see it’s progress. I remember you showing me version 1 in your loft. This version is shaping up to be so much better. The helix design is genius. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, GWRPhil said:

Any recent updates?

hi Phil, no not much changed recently although I’ve been running trains  to check all is well before burying too much of it with scenery. Pretty much the only progress has been to add backscene boards all around and the scenic breaks either side at the door end of the shed. Next move is source some ballast and ballast the track at least into the tunnel mouth area so I can build up the hill above it and shape it to flow into the bit of the cliffs that have  been done already.

• Like 3