Temeraire

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Looking excellent Ian, still a few more days off yet. will you be furghlowed?

Off until next Monday Andy and won't be furloughed, medical company so we have kept busy! How's things with you, hiding from everyone I guess?

Happy New Year and hope to see you soon(ish).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Nice one Ian, it is all looking great......wish my shed build was progressing as quick!!!!!!

Cheers!  but it’s taken three and half years to get this far, and it’s only because of a pandemic that I’ve made this much progress in the last year!:D

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Ian, the ballasting and scenics are looking superb, really like the weathering of the ballast and concrete sleepers. Only thing I would say though is the troughing in the last pic by the station. I am not sure a main run would do two 90 degree turns it would more than likely curve out and round over a longer distance, if that makes sense.

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, the ballasting and scenics are looking superb, really like the weathering of the ballast and concrete sleepers. Only thing I would say though is the troughing in the last pic by the station. I am not sure a main run would do two 90 degree turns it would more than likely curve out and round over a longer distance, if that makes sense.

Cheers Peter.

Or use T pieces for the 90 degree turns and block off the bit not being used if that makes sense?

the Ts are rounded so the bend is not so sharp

the other thing would be to have pipes running through the platform with pits rather than going round it

Edited by ess1uk
Clarity
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Cheers and hopefully it won't be too long Phil.

Cool. It’s a great layout. Nice to see the 59 running. The colour is so distinct really great to see it used. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, shanks522 said:

Great work Ian, really like the 59 on the stone, looks spot on. 

Cheers Graham but the loco is all Kevin's work on loan, its not seen any use since he sold Leaford but you're right it does look good.  Like everyone I'm still waiting for the Dapol one, as being a Lima loco I'm not sure it will make it up from the FY with 15 PTAs in tow!

How are you and the brother coping with the last year? Say hi to him from me.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Cheers Graham but the loco is all Kevin's work on loan, its not seen any use since he sold Leaford but you're right it does look good.  Like everyone I'm still waiting for the Dapol one, as being a Lima loco I'm not sure it will make it up from the FY with 15 PTAs in tow!

Ian, Is the 59 the Lima one that I did , that you and the Gang saw at the Stafford Show a few years ago. on my old Deesdale Road Layout. It was fitted with SWD Sound and Express Models full Lighting set up and ran really well. I sold it shortly after you saw it.

2118664146_Stafford201531stJan1stFeb176.JPG.792b4c9abd3f2347e598d444f7de5e99.JPG

Stafford 2015 31st Jan 1st Feb 178.JPG

Lima Yeoman 59 Sound fitting 008.JPG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

No it's not Andy, this is definitely Kevin's work but similar set up inside.

I wish I'd kept mine, not only a rare beast but good looking as well. Had I sold Seven Mills, I would have had one of the New Dapol ones, E V E N T U A L L Y. :swoon:

12 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Morning Ian, 

doing ok thanks mate, working none stop as everyone needs water, no rest for the wicked! Got my own drum now so modelling is coming back slowly, I’m currently knocking  up a small N gauge layout with odds and sods to get my hand back in, need to get Aylestone set back up so I can play with new toys I’ve been accumulating. 

how you been? 

Graham. 

That looks better Ian.  I remember when the 59s first showed up, I have a pic somewhere of them fresh off the docks. I am sure it would be possible the fit some Bachmann class 66 running gear into the the chassis of the Lima model. I did it too a Lima class 47.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 25/01/2021 at 08:14, shanks522 said:

how you been? 

Hi Graham sorry I meant to reply and got distracted!

All good here thanks, missus has been working normally  throughout and I've carried on as best I can considering most of my work involves visiting hospitals! As you can see the restrictions have given me the time to progress things in the shed since you visited. Glad to hear you've got your own gaff now, have you got plenty of modelling space to get Aylestone rebuilt, and I had seen your videos of the n gauge.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Not a lot achieved this week to see but importantly I added some droppers around the points to make the running better which involved remedial works to a bit of ballast here and there.

575941383_96_Notdry210201.jpg.04c9f34428d4ac8f93c8b1fd022a7a0f.jpg

The reason for doing odd jobs to keep things moving forward, the Sculptamould still hasn't fully dried out after 9 days despite the heater being on several days this week! I think the damp miserable weather isn't helping as the 'fresh' air I'm letting in is probably more wet than the air in the shed.

94_CablesPits_210201.jpg.ce7724a52618a283d10498961ae3b6eb.jpg

However, other bits done are the cosmetic wires being painted and fixed in position so they don't short out the trains when they pass anymore! Also the rusty drain covers have been added to the catchpits at last.

95_CablesJct_210201.jpg.c9f0acc721837d2ba8df63d1d92b867f.jpg 

Another view after the drain covers, point motors and remedial ballast was weathered down with the same sort of brown colour used on the ballast.

Hopefully the next update might be of the white cliffs looking more Dawlish if they ever dry out!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2