Temeraire

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

! Is it airbrushed presumably?

Hi Rich

Thanks for the comments but nope no airbrush was harmed in the weathering!

it’s all done with cheap acrylic paints from The Range. Mixed up in various tones, watered down and dropped on with a pipette, Mr Buick’s method but don’t tell him!

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

That looked like a fantastic running session, really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing

Thanks Adrian I need to mix the stock up a bit before another vid though they are beginning to all look the same, that DMU was a bit lively through the junction as well, must do better!:D

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Morning all

Had a bit of a running session yesterday afternoon and took a bit of footage.

As you'll see the cliffs are still very white but I've spent a bit of time fettling some locos that hadn't been out of their boxes yet despite being purchased in some cases a couple of years ago! As it has been rather cold out there over the last couple of weeks or so a change of scene was required but I've now got 6 locos lined up for weathering before making their debuts.

The video is brilliant. They layout is really coming on well. I liked the banked curves as well. Seeing the 50 flying around them was great. Looking forward to more videos. 

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2021 at 11:25, Temeraire said:

Morning all

Had a bit of a running session yesterday afternoon and took a bit of footage.

That looks like an enjoyable layout.  I have a soft spot for blue 33s having spent 2 years in the late 80s travelling between Cardiff and Portsmouth every weekend on the '89'. I keep looking to get one for my layout. 

I have seen a few things on RMWeb this week that have got me planning my next layout - not that I am anywhere near finishing my current one. Your layout has tempted me to go late 80s era and to include provision for continuous running - and the super-elevated track works a treat. Keep up the excellent work .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Melly said:

Nice video Ian

How do those Kernow Cargowagons run - any good?

The points on the main line are they Medium or Large radius? You def need some temp speed restrictions for those crossovers :-)

Hi Melly

TBH I’ve not run them enough to comment really but they made it down the spiral and slopes to the FY ok so far. They seem to trip up on one board joint that I need to work out why, as everything else is ok at same point. I would say they’d probably benefit from some more weight though so I’ll try that first. All the mainline points are large radius.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 29/07/2018 at 23:35, Temeraire said:

Evening all

Not a lot of progress but the helix/spiral thingy in the corner is complete!

post-6922-0-97853100-1532903032.jpg

The top level has been added this week.

post-6922-0-28570800-1532903111.jpg

View of the complete spiral with the exit to the top level in the right corner and the exit to the FY level below it. The difference in track height between FY and scenic level will be 290mm so enough room to see and sort any derailments etc.

post-6922-0-06085200-1532903323.jpg

The bit that has taken the most time with four different slopes all converging/crossing each other

I've just found this thread. 

I have to say I have looked at these photos for a good 10 minutes and I still can't work out what's going on... it's like something by Escher :scratchhead:

Looking forward to catching up and following this. 

Edited by 9C85
Ytpo

• RMweb Premium

Hi fella

The spiral thingy just gives more height between the top level and FY by the trains making one circle gaining/losing about 3” on the way up or down. Hopefully the vid below makes things clearer.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Nice stunning session there !

what a colourful time it was .

As a plank owner I dream of one day having space for full length HSTs to disappear into tunnels !

Thanks Rob, you'd be welcome to come over to play again when you're feeling brave enough or restrictions are lifted (whichever comes first)!;)

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

Just now, Temeraire said:

Hi fella

The spiral thingy just gives more height between the top level and FY by the trains making one circle gaining/losing about 3” on the way up or down. Hopefully the vid below makes things clearer.

https://youtu.be/J87007eGSrc

It took me a while to realise that there are two helixes ( helices?) - one going down and one  going up. The aspect of a layout project that I am probably most comfortable with is building the baseboards. I will include a helix IF  I ever decide to start a new project. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Another cracking Video Ian.:good:

Thanks  Andy. I’ll probably leave off doing anymore until I’ve moved forward with the scenics and shuffled the stock a bit, they’re all getting a bit repetitive!:D

• Like 1