Temeraire

3 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Cheers Nigel and you’re still welcome to visit just let me know when your free! Mainly though thanks for your response, the first person to actually post something after four updates from me, just not interesting enough I guess.

I think a lot of us are guilty as viewing from a distance, don’t get down about it.  You are making good progress with the layout and I would love to visit at some point (to compare the old Exford Park with the new one).  I have started ballasting on WR (at last), making the most of the warmer temperatures.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah , it’s looking good.

Layouts disappear off the front page so fast it’s hard to keep track and TBH , the ones that get the most interest seem to be 1950s steam - that’s the demographic that dominates I guess.

I don’t bother updating mine anymore - I can’t be arsed even writing a post for 2 likes ( not that I give a xxxx about that sort of thing, but it does register someone is watching ).

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

The videos have been brilliant Ian. The progress is really good and the ‘Dawlish’ cliffs are really looking good. Kenaway tunnel entrance is coming on well too. Was great to see all the stock running. I particularly liked the side on shot of the bridge close up. Hope you are well. 

Phil

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks all for taking the time to comment as it’s nice to get some feedback, although I realise most of you have been clicking the ‘like’ button, it just feels like an empty room sometimes.

• Friendly/supportive 3

Hi Ian, I was going to say the video got really good at 1:29 when the 50 turned up but felt that was a bit obvious!!!! It looks like it's all coming on rather well. I seem to just keep moving stuff around in my shed and going backwards!!!!

I know what you mean about an empty room, I'm not a competent modeller by any stretch of the imagination but I even asked questions on my thread and ended up with about 5 likes :lol:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Adrian

yes things are progressing slowly but it’s nice to be able to just run trains again. It was quite a while before I made a start in the shed which had been ready for some months as I pondered on where to go. Finally decided to scrap the old loft layout and start again from scratch and glad I did now! I’ll keep the 50s coming for you!;)

• Like 2

I may not comment often, but I do enjoy your updates Ian. It's a very long time since I came to see the old Exford park (or even had a chance to catch up with you at a show!) The layout looks superb, it's watching videos like yours that keep me motivated to get WL running again, whenever work and domestic responsibilities give me a few minutes to tinker with it.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I’ve posted a similar comment on other threads when there has been a lack of replies. you have a lovely layout which is really coming along well but I don’t feel I can contribute in a meaningful way by commenting. I don’t think comment after comment of ‘well done’ or ‘that’s great ‘ makes for an interesting read. The thumbs up works better. Don’t feel disheartened just people don’t always feel in a position to move the thread forward.

take care/ stay safe

mark

• Agree 6

Don't worry Ian, I get more likes and comments for pics, than I do for most Videos, It seems to be the norm, that people don't have the time to sit and watch a Video, but see a pic and just click a LIKE.

I cant wait to take a trip  up and see it in the flesh so to speak.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, The layout is really looking good. I enjoyed the video too. Can't beat a nice bit of Crompton action. 

Cheers Peter.

Apart from when it's with a nice bit of 50 action !! ;)

Cheers,

Phil.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...