Temeraire

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Well that was fun! Yesterday Exford Park & Tidworth played host to a number of RMwebbers for a BBQ, chat and trains, although the chat and food featured most in the end! It is rare that so many of us can get together in one place at one time with everyone's other commitments so thanks to Paul, Andy P, Stu, Scott, Chris, Rhys, Mike, Kevin and of course Scott's 3 boys who gave my WiFi a hammering while we were all 'talkin trains'!

The layout performed well enough despite Mike's 'difficulties' with the setting of routes, but by the time he left at 10.30pm I think he'd got it. ;-)

Thanks everyone for a good day and look forward to doing it again sometime.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Morning all,

Well that was fun! Yesterday Exford Park & Tidworth played host to a number of RMwebbers for a BBQ, chat and trains, although the chat and food featured most in the end! It is rare that so many of us can get together in one place at one time with everyone's other commitments so thanks to Paul, Andy P, Stu, Scott, Chris, Rhys, Mike, Kevin and of course Scott's 3 boys who gave my WiFi a hammering while we were all 'talkin trains'!

The layout performed well enough despite Mike's 'difficulties' with the setting of routes, but by the time he left at 10.30pm I think he'd got it. ;-)

Thanks everyone for a good day and look forward to doing it again sometime.

And of course THANKS to you for putting up with us all. It was most enjoyable, and great to meet so many others all in one place, with a common interest, = cake.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, GWRPhil said:

was wondering how progress was going on the layout.  

no progress Phil lots of other stuff going on and any time has been given over to finishing off the Tidworth extension in time for the Tolworth Ex in November.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 10/10/2021 at 00:19, Temeraire said:

no progress Phil lots of other stuff going on and any time has been given over to finishing off the Tidworth extension in time for the Tolworth Ex in November.

Tidworth is looking really good. Hope to be able to see it soon.  

phil

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

None!

Although there was a possibility of Basingstoke in March but I’ve had no contact from them.

That’s a shame. Tolworth near London is just to far for me to go these days. Being down so far in west country makes it more difficult to get places. 

still I get to keep up with things on here which is great. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 11:49, Temeraire said:

None!

Although there was a possibility of Basingstoke in March but I’ve had no contact from them.

Funny you should mention that, we've had a tentative invite to Basingstoke too with Southgate Park but no contact since. 

Mark

Edited by Markmiller2008

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all (just)

Been a while and thought I'd just drag the thread back to life before Nigel (Melangoose) visits tonight for his first inspection of the new Exford Park. Small progress has been made recently with some green stuff being liberally thrown all over the cliffs to bring them to life ready for a lot more to be added on top. There maybe some photos of the action later as well as a 'drivers eye' view if Nigel remembers his camera truck. 

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I hadn't realised it was 10 months since the last video compilation but recently I'd been saving clips on my phone as and when I was running trains with a view to another. Tuesday's visit by Nigel has given me the opportunity to put one together complete with the 'drivers eye' view of the complete layout in both directions taken with Nigel's Cube camera. (Thanks Nigel!)

As you will see there hasn't been much progress apart from the addition of more colouring to the cliffs and the first application of a base coat of green stuff which already makes it come to life. Having finally finished off the Tidworth extension recently I now intend to focus on this layout for a bit. The engineers sidings have been slightly realigned to more follow the curve of the mainline, and the next job will be to ballast this area and then attack this end of the layout with static grasses and much more vegetation on the cliff area.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

Thoroughly enjoyable video, your editing and filming is top notch.  My visit on

Tuesday was my first visit to Exford Park 2 and even I was confused as I watched trains from above and underneath the layout.  Very impressed how you worked it out with the different levels and the double helix.  Your woodwork is in a class of its own.  Well done Ian.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...